• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muffler Hangers

dodge68charger

Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
Ordered a Pre- Fabbed kit From TTI Exhaust Which Worked Out Pretty Good For My Big Block Road Runner

Just Had To Dimple Where The Clutch Rod Pivot Went.

Just Wondering How You Guys Went About Hanging Your Mufflers?

I See Different Brackets But Never Seen Them Mounted. Cars a Dual 2.5 In Out The Back.

Thanks

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Did you hang the TTI setup in your Road Runner using the stock hanger brackets? I am curious because I have the TTI setup for my Coronet (not installed yet) and the lady I spoke with at TTI when I ordered it told me that it was designed to work with the stock hanger brackets on the body. I am pretty sure she told me that they sell stock style brackets in case the originals had been removed.

The hanger brackets that go behind the mufflers should have been included in your kit.

When The Metal Work Was Done On The Car All The Brackets Were Removed.

Not Sure How Any Of The Brackets Mount The Exhaust Pipes Other Than At The Tips

The Pipes Are Only Attached At The Exhaust Manifold And The Exhast Tip Hanger At The Moment

Now I understand. If I understood the TTI rep correctly, they can supply repops of the parts that would have been on your car, and their hangers that use those "stock" parts.

Saw These But Not Sure How They Mount

618120C7-E1CE-4FB0-9052-B97603159328.gif

I might have to go open the box to see what TTI sent me.

I have never got any hangers from TTI that looked like that.
The hangers in the OP's picture are stock OE style hangers, as are the ones I show in my pictures. I got both styles from Frank B and used the closed loop ones as they held the exhaust up tighter. I should add that the hangers in the picture that he showed are not factory correct with bolts in the rubber.

Last edited:
The hangers in the OP's picture are stock OE style hangers, as are the ones I show in my pictures. I got both styles from Frank B and used the closed loop ones as they held the exhaust up tighter.
Please help a newbie out, who is Frank B?

Please help a newbie out, who is Frank B?
If I could remember how to spell his last name I would have.. LOL. Frank is a concours judge and restoration "expert" and sells parts. He was the only game in town for correct hangers in 2017. You can now buy them from ECS... Mopar - Clamps & Hangars

Thanks Guys. Just Posted A Generic Pic of B Body Hangers

Ordering a Set From ECS

Thank You

These are the TTI's. Never cared for the massive looks. Some I installed, others got stock style hangers.
79 Chrysler 300.

IMG_2116.jpg

Even the AMD floor pan comes with one welded on the passenger side. The drivers side is an "option" so it's bolted on by View attachment 1399425

That’s interesting - I noted the left side was bolted in on my car instead of welded and wondered if it was original. So right side welded in and left side bolted in. Good to know - thanks.

Even tho this is a 79 it did have factory dual exhaust (with 3 cats) you can see in the photo the driver side bracket is bolted in.
The passenger side is completely different most likely using the single exhaust bracket.
This photo is of a 64 Belvedere that had single exhaust.the passenger side had dimples for the location of a dual exhaust bracket that I bolted in a factory style bracket.
IMG_1421.jpg
IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

Sorry for the double post.The Black under coat is the 64

Auto Transport Service
Back