• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

muffler mounting bracket

steve from staten island

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Satellite which came with a 383 and single exhaust. Ive used HP manifolds and a dual exhaust system from Accurate Exhaust which I will say fit perfect and is very good quality . The bracket that holds the muffler(s) bolts to a mount that is welded on to the body near the bracket bolt for the rear seat belts.
My surprise was that mount was not there on driver side of car. Im sure I can fab something and weld it on but the car is complete and I dont want to start taking stuff apart right now. I will properly mount it over the winter when I drop the gas tank.
My thoughts are why not build the car with both mounts regardless of single or dual exhaust.
I also was interested to know if anyone ran into this situation when they installed a dual system on a original single exhaust car.....Thanks.

It bolts on, as shown in the FSM.... available from most any supplier. Sorry, I sold the spare I had already...
beerestoration2018 349.JPG

Passenger side is welded onto EVERY car coming down the line. Only dual exhausts got the bracket bolted to the drivers side. Every part cost money... no point putting it on all of them only to be used on the lower volume duals.

Its easy to install Steve.....Pull the rear seat.....Find the four dimples on the body and drill four holes.....Originally it was tack welded to the body but you dont have to....Just be sure once installed to apply seam sealer around the perimeter.....

It will take you longer to get the rear seats out than to install the bracket....

1966-1970 B-bodies It was not tack welded on the left side, it bolted only. The plate with the 4 studs goes inside the car and was held on with one Phillips screw. He th bracket is put over the studs and nuts with captured washers retain it.

Every single exhaust car is missing this part. Why spend time on it if it’s never needed?

Last edited:
I did this on my Plymouth when converted to duals. But don't just drill the 4 dimples. I assumed they were a pilot for the bolt on bracket. They were apparently a location guide only, as the bolt pattern of the hanger bracket was different. (Slightly larger) Be careful you dont drill the holes wrong!

I got those brackets from TTI. I'd bet you can get them from Accurate also.

Cool! I’m at exactly the same stage of construction. Dadsbee where did you get your bracket from? I’m also in Canada and need a Canuck friendly supplier.

Mine is the original to the car.. I'd bought one (I believe from Dales Cuda Shop) thinking I would need it, but we cleaned up the OE and I sold the new repro off to a member here.

Auto Transport Service
Back