• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mustang II for B Body

Mike67

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used this kit? Its over 1/2 off...not sure but comes with a cross member, but then says it works with QA1 and other components....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-II-...ash=item25bc0f796f:g:wjEAAOSw8vZXNOVS&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
The upper control arms? just don't look right.

I thought they look like gm...I'm going to reach out to mfg ( Helix) tommorow. I'm curious if the track width is different... The price was what peaked my curiosity. Its only slightly more than a front rebuild kit with the added benefits of header clearence and a rack....I can't afford an Altercation or Schmidt ....

The ad says the stock photo may not be exact.
Seems like a good price if the quality is there.

I thought they look like gm...I'm going to reach out to mfg ( Helix) tommorow. I'm curious if the track width is different... The price was what peaked my curiosity. Its only slightly more than a front rebuild kit with the added benefits of header clearence and a rack....I can't afford an Altercation or Schmidt ....

Keep in mind that it does not come with the coil overs. So that will be an added expense that can be costly as well before you pull the trigger.

Thanks
James

It is as pictured, spoke to Jim at JLM, it does not come with rotors, calipers or coilivers, those are additional $$$ but over all not a bad price. Track with can be narrowed to 58 1/2"
They have another complete ifs hub to hub on sale now for $1500 ( norm $3-4k) w drilled/slotted big rotors...he went on to say that all components are designed here but some pieces are outsourced.....
It's very tempting, ijdk...It is Helix brand

What is your overall intent for the car that you want to install it on? Drag, Street, or Pro-Touring?

Thanks
James

What is your overall intent for the car that you want to install it on? Drag, Street, or Pro-Touring?

Thanks
James
Hi James, it's going to be 99.9% street, it may see the track just to see what it will do. Was looking at the PST polygraphite kit when I found this...just trying to spend wisely and get the most bang for the buck. Thanks for all the great input!

Could not agree with you more. I myself have built many cars on a budget. Personally for me the factory torsion bar design handles really well when the right torsion bars, sway bars and shocks are paired together. If there is anything that I can answer for about our product line please let me know.

Thanks
James

I have seen that too, it was tempting, by outsourcing does that mean some weaker materials...

I'm assuming china, he would never come out and say....
Thanks again Name will probably call you here in the next couple of days and get more input on my build...
Money can't buy everything....well...I guess it kinda does...:lol:

From what I can tell that is a universal kit not going to be a simple install. I went on the helix web site and they don't make anything specifically for our cars.

The listing showed b&e body mopars, now that being said I kind of take it with a grain of salt and would expect some not bolt in fabrication to be done...
Friend is putting in a Fat man set up in his 55 bird and we have had to do some "fitting" to get it to work...
I also noticed they now bumped the price up $200 since I posted this...

This setup really has me curious. I would really like to see some photos of one installed in a late 60's b body. I watched some video on youtube of an install and they had to do some frame boxing. now with our unibody setup that part may be more difficult and how is this fitting around the k frame or are you eliminating the k frame and mounting the engine mounts to the new cross member?

This setup really has me curious. I would really like to see some photos of one installed in a late 60's b body. I watched some video on youtube of an install and they had to do some frame boxing. now with our unibody setup that part may be more difficult and how is this fitting around the k frame or are you eliminating the k frame and mounting the engine mounts to the new cross member?
When I spoke to Jim, he confirmed that that the k member goes away as do the torsion bars...and I guess that's what intrigued me along with having a rack. It's a mustang 2 minus rotors, calipers, shocks/coilovers...

sounds almost to good to be true. Would be nice to actually see one done and have a true review on how it works in our cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back