• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1966 Charger-consolidated thread

696pack

Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
There a couple of threads running with info about my car and neither of them had a picture link until after they were started and read by many who likely did not return to the thread. So, I thought I would start a new one just dedicated to the info on the car and what I am doing with it.

The pictures are too large to show on this site and if you hoover over the individual pictures on the photobucket album it will show 60% size and if you left click on it they will go to 100%.
Here is the link.
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/696pack/

I hope to have the car done with the below "in process" things completed and ready for the "after" pictures which I will then post on this site.

Here is the new (to me) 1966 Charger.
The car is a nice driver quality car and I paid $9800. for it as in the before pictures which I feel was top dollar for it.
I THINK this car was all options except A/C and trailer tow package. If it has the little known Rallye suspension that was available on the 1966 Charger then it is just that.

It was factory built with 383-4 (original engine)
3.23 Sure Grip
console auto
power steering
power brakes
power windows
console mounted clock
light package
insulation package
seat belt retractor
radio
remote drivers mirror
passenger side mirror
bumper guards front and rear
four way flashers
parking brake warning light

It was originally medium turquoise with white interior. It has been repainted in a black cherry which has ever so slight hint of red in it but not the brown like you see in maroon. The interior is the original white which is still very nice. The black carpet has been changed to new. The headliner is very nice as are the door panels and the rest of the interior.

The car is totally rust free. When we pulled the front carpet to put the 4 speed hump in it we found pristine floors as well.

Here is the run down on what is in process.
1. Installing my previously built 523 stroker which was in 69 six pack Super Bee with the original six pack on it. I included the six pack set up with the sale of the Bee so I am installing a 870 cfm Holley with vacuum secondaries on this 523 for better street manners.
2. Converting from auto trans and installing my Passon 4 speed overdrive
3. Installing a 1970 Dana 9 3/4" with 3.54 Sure Grip gears
4. Installing new 11" rear brakes maybe discs in the front later
5. Installing new Classic A/C
6. Installing larger fuel line with return
7. Installing Pistol Grip Shifter
8. Radio out for FM conversion and will have added amp and CD
9. Fixed dash lights with rebuilt EL module
10. Installing new headlight motor
11. Investigating non working tach
12. 8" X 15" Magnum 500s with 275/60 tires for the rear and 7" X 15" Magnum 500s with 235/60 tires for the front
13. Front and rear aftermarket sway bars
14. Of course a new driveshaft with new joints is required along with a lot of other misc things that go along with a major drivetrain switch like this.
I am sure there is more that I am forgetting with this big of a job.

Yeah Man! Nice car, congrats. That will be one fine piece when finished, best of luck on the build.

Yep, nice indeed and even nicer when you're done with it. I have to say not dealing with body work and paint must be like a relaxing vacation!

Auto Transport Service
Back