• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1968 Dodge Superbee

milit73

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
Guys I have been here a long time but rarely post but read a lot. I am finally working on the Bee again after many hours working on the sons car plus everything else in life. Waiting for months for the legendary order to arrive(ordered in January, finally it is here load the car up with everything to get a quote and the car will not start due to a dead battery. Ok jump the car and I will be on my way but no it will just not happen. I call and cancel the appointment frustrated as they are only open until noon on Saturday. I know it is just a bad battery but just a bad start to my weekend finally thinking this is finally going to happen.

On another note I opened the new heater unit i ordered a long time ago not realizing this has been in its box for ten years!! This has been a long journey as I could not bring myself to work on the Bee for so long as this was my dads car and I always get emotional when working on it. That being said I feel bad letting the car sit and I get frustrated thinking I am letting my dad down not driving or fixing the car so I am trying to get past these feelings (more than ten years since his passing). Sorry if my rambling does not make sense as I am not proof reading this and i am no English major :)Leaving frustrated but I will not let this stop me!!!!!
94EE8FD9-E4DE-43E5-B96B-D6FB3A6A19C3.jpeg
4066F2AB-0EDA-4F86-B120-83279EE7C614.jpeg
E47578FA-EF31-462E-AC54-FF5062C8B5F4.jpeg

Love the coupes! And I know the pain of losing a dad. I had just torn my 66 Belvedere down (in 98!!!) and was working on building it up when my dad passed on....and then other relatives starting their journey to the other side for the next several years. Seems like every time I started working on the car, someone else would leave so I quit working on it but have been doing some things to it in the last few years and now I'm old and doing just about anything that puts a slight strain on me makes me hurt for a few days or more so things are going slow now but I'm plugging at it.....

Really nice car the 68 bee is where it started with me .

Great looking ride sir! Unfortunately life gets in the way. Just keep on keeping on and your dream will come true. Take care and enjoy the car and the memories. I have many with my dad, he truly was my best friend.

Condolences on the loss of your father; that's about the worst thing a fella can go through.
Been there...
Now that said, GET ON WITH IT. You serve your dad's memory and wishes in doing so and
trust me on this - he'll be right there with you when you're doing so.
You got this. :thumbsup:

NICE car... get at it.. he'll be proud and you'll need a licence plate for it. I have no issues if you do the same as I...

beecruisenov82020 003.JPG...

Guys,
Replaced the battery terminals today with a freshly charged battery, hit the key and the Bee was ready to go. Decided I better add some gas as the gauge is not working right now but will get my estimate for the interior install. I was going to do this myself but want this done and history shows I just need to pay to get this done or I will not get to it!!!! Thanks for letting me vent yesterday and I will send updates with progress.

Guys,
Replaced the battery terminals today with a freshly charged battery, hit the key and the Bee was ready to go. Decided I better add some gas as the gauge is not working right now but will get my estimate for the interior install. I was going to do this myself but want this done and history shows I just need to pay to get this done or I will not get to it!!!! Thanks for letting me vent yesterday and I will send updates with progress.
Awesome - and thanks for updating us. :thumbsup:

Made it to the shop today for the guys to go over the Bee. They will be replacing everything in the car except the dash pad and carpet. I have purchased most of the interior besides a few connectors. Price is 2500-3000 and that is about what I expected. The shop cannot start until late December which will give me time to organized all parts and make sure I have not missed anything!!

Made it to the shop today for the guys to go over the Bee. They will be replacing everything in the car except the dash pad and carpet. I have purchased most of the interior besides a few connectors. Price is 2500-3000 and that is about what I expected. The shop cannot start until late December which will give me time to organized all parts and make sure I have not missed anything!!
Too bad Cr8crshr and I aren't still living there, we'd have it done for you by Halloween at a 1/3 of the cost, with your help of course! :poke: :poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back