• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1st. Mopar! 1969 RR

69roadr

Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
I found this car in Nevada desert next to a mobile home in 2005. It was owned by a 19 year old girl. She told me she needed the money to buy a smaller car (Hyundai Excel). Needless to say, when the negotiation started, she said, "let me get my dad here". Finally agreed on a price, and drove it back to Los Angeles. It was then taken apart. Engine sent to Dick Landy Automotive, and the body to Restorations By Julius. As of this moment, the interior needs to be done, and a few minor details. It is a 383 4 speed car with hydraulic roller cam, roller rockers, KB pistons, speed pro rings, eddy heads, victor intake, hi volume oil, water and fuel pumps. The previous owner put in a hemi trans from a 69 Charger R/T, and engine from a 70 Challenger R/T. (I didnt know that till I did research) I used to be a Ford guy until I test drove this car, and I was sold:) PA210041.JPGP5161132.jpgP6170142.JPGPA180124.jpg

Looks awesome. I hope to be there someday. Welcome to the site. Lots of great people and a ton of info here.

isn't The 4 speed that came in the car , considered a hemi 4 speed ? I always thought an 833 was an 833. Am I wrong ?
dontknow.gif

isn't The 4 speed that came in the car , considered a hemi 4 speed ? I always thought an 833 was an 833. Am I wrong ?
dontknow.gif

you can tell the difference by the input shaft. Hemi 833 had 18 spline input shaft, Non-Hemi had 23 spline

Wowww, nice transformation!! Keep us posted on the progress, and don't hesitate to hit me up if I can help out with any of those final little details. :D

nice looking road runner and welcome to the site bob

69roadr

:star_wars2:welcome to the darkside

what he said :iamwithstupid: X2, 69roadr it's great to see you love the 69 RR, she looks great...

Auto Transport Service
Back