• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 62 330

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
so im gona start a thing here on my project 62.... as ya know thunk i had one a while back but things went bad... so i wound up with one from TX. the trip was fun. so so far we got her home... and ain't done anything yet. life once again bit me. and having 3 projets going at the same time ya have to pick one for that day. and my S/C 360 is high on it atm. (see dodor car) but im going to NJ and get the new mill for her with all the rite stuff on it. this works out well cuz a guy from up state NY is going to meet me there and buy a old amc 343 i have and that covers the 361 and most of the fuel to NJ and back...the guy in NJ still has the donor car so who knows what il be coming home with ... lol am very happy with the car. is everything i was told it was .... folks here think its ugly. i disagree. will post as i go along. but here is where we are now. BB K member will come in handy. have everything for the drive train but the bell housing. will be making her run first .. them worry about what it looks like. still want a 2 door but the crew cab is growing on me. and its still the only one anyone knows of in the county. .. yall have a good day

img (1).png IMG_0007 (1).JPG 3dbb4f90282029da.jpeg IMG_0015 - Copy.JPG KIMG0123.JPG KIMG0121.JPG

I love my ram. Your car looks like a fantastic start.

A couple weeks ago @WileERobby posted the question... Does the Passage of Time Alter Our Perceptions ? I responded that many of the early Mopar designs were odd at best, thanks to the styling peculiarities of Virgil Exner and his designs from 1955-1963. And when placed next to the sleeker Fords and Chevys at that time, many Mopars could have been considered ugly. But today, combined with exotic, cutting edge (for that time) engine packages, Mopars of that era are believed to be some of the most beautifully designed and well built cars ever built. And some of the most sought after. Your '62 is certainly one of those cars. It was a beautiful car back then and I'm sure it will be even more spectacular when you're finished with it. And it will be fun to see how many will pass by those Fords and Chevys to take a look at it. Congratulations on finding it. It's in good hands.

I have this 2dr that could be put back on the street with a little work. Lifelong Montana car. PM if any interest

1962 dart 002.JPG

Glad you got that car. Those trips are always enjoyable for me. I can never decide which is more exciting: the drive out anticipating what the car will really be like or the drive back trying to decide how you want to proceed. Enjoy!

Glad you got that car. Those trips are always enjoyable for me. I can never decide which is more exciting: the drive out anticipating what the car will really be like or the drive back trying to decide how you want to proceed. Enjoy!
ya ... i have made these trips and come home empty. some crap ain't worth bringing home. was very happy with her...... the trip home ... not so much lol

quietly waiting her turn ....... while we gathering parts.
6a975466d16c0fc6.jpg

I always thought whoever designed the early 60's super stock hood scoops, both max wedge and hemi, got it right!

I always thought whoever designed the early 60's super stock hood scoops, both max wedge and hemi, got it right!
to bad thay cut a big hole in this hood tho ..... now i need a hood without a hole ....

to bad thay cut a big hole in this hood tho ..... now i need a hood without a hole ....
I have a hood without a hole I was going to cut a hole into. Too bad it has rust in the front edge of it, we could swap, but putting rusty parts on your car makes no sense.

off to NJ ... parts run for my dart and the S/C .... wish me luck ....

ok .. took a ride to NJ ... 500 miles round trip... met the guy that wanted the 343 ... got my pully's for the S/C and paid for the mill... and that paid for the BB mopar. thats the good news ..... bad news. the spring shakel broke and the rear spring came thro the floor of the bed. ... not going to take a chance and drive home like that with a BB in it. so i came home with a stop for more S/C parts and got stood up.... no call ... no show. . o well .. i paid dart440 for the BB and will go back next weekend and get it. .. all in all the 343 AMC paid for the mopar and i got my pully's that are super hard to find. ... got to meet more cool car guys made new contacts and lived to see another day. (see pic) ...... i think the bed liner and the bolted in bed tool box is the only thing keeping it from being on the stoppers.
d66a0b9a17c9ed09.jpg

I think it goes to time for some folks. If ya was there in 62 ya ether liked it or not. But over time it becomes more of a memory of things in there youth that makes them all warm and fuzzy inside. Like the road trip with the family in one to go see grandpa and grandma's good cooking. The younger folks now that even care like it because it's funky and like nothing that have seen before.....

ok ... back to NJ .... again. second time is a charm.... so thay say

Auto Transport Service
Back