• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 63 2 door conversion alterd

poly1963

fire truck pilot
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
heres some pics of my 63 330 project converting to a 2 door and alterd wheelbase planning on using the 318 poly with dual 4s and 3 speed standard trans

Picture 146.jpg Picture 228.jpg Picture 232.jpg Picture 001.jpg Picture 014.jpg Picture 497.jpg Picture 002.jpg Picture 003.jpg Picture 006.jpg Picture 007.jpg Picture 009.jpg Picture 010.jpg Picture 580.jpg Picture 582.jpg Picture 578.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.another 63' 4 door receiving the royal treatment. Looks like a heck of an undertaking. Always wanted to see how this was done....Keep up the good work and keep the pic's a rolling.

Oh man! AWESOME!!!!

You're modifying the 4 dr posts to accept the 2 dr doors right?
Please get good pics of how you're going about that as I figure I'll be doing the same or close to that in the future.
All the details of 2 dr conversions need to be documented and your version looks really cost effective for someone on a budget, as it only involves the buying and shipping of the doors themselves.
What a savings that would mean to anyone off the beaten path!

Keep up the great work! ;):D

its been a long time in the works but you need a good set of b post these are kinda rusty but will work . gonna paint it white with dog dish hub caps sorta my version of a 63 body in white if ma mopar produced one . its been kinda hot in the shop but i will get more done soon hope fully and thanks black 63 for some motivation your metal workmanship is awsome

Interesting. Have not seen the rear doors used for the rear panel before. Most of the conversions i have seen or read about utilize the panel section from the 2 door donor car.

Oh man...awesome!
It's a real jigsaw puzzle but your gonna pull it off for sure.

I see now that you did actually use the 2 dr post sections!
I missed that completely...wishful thinking on my part as I hoped you were doing my homework for me! Hahaha
Still...with what your posting already my (and others) future job is sure to be easier.

Thanks for posting all the detailed pics! :D

My question is do they still make the 2 door rear side glass or do you have to find/use old 2 door glass and does the four door crank/lift mechanism also work from the four door???

sedan glass regulator wont work because of the wheel well so i will use some lexan and fix it in place

been working on the drivers side lower b pillar its kinda missing will post pics in a day or so

4 to 2

Nice work. I have some windows off a 64 2 door post. There is a pic of the car. I also have some A-100 seats. Just check my posts at: bluepainter.

Thanks, Bill

Lookin' for love...

Hey Propwash...we could be ZZ Top! ;) :headbang:

Shes commin' along....keep at it Poly1963! ;) :D

Do you have the 2 dr quarter window frames or will you be using cut down 4 dr ones?
I'm wondering how they will attach to the roof and C pillar...especially the 4 dr ones as those usually seal with the door weatherstrip.

Making plans for my own conversion!!! :D:D

frames

iam using 4 door frames just have cut them to fit they attach with screws in the channel were the rubber fits into then you seal them in with seam sealer

Auto Transport Service
Back