• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Belvedere II with 17's on it

Uncle Don

Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
17x7's in front and 17x8's in rear. 4.25" back spacing.
225-50-17's on front and 235-55-17's on rear...the JUST fit...close but rides good with wife and two baby seats in rear.:yes:

wheels are Ion 625's new on the market. Enjoy.

oh belvedere 002.jpg

oh belvedere 007.jpg

oh belvedere 012.jpg

Looks damn good!!! usu. i don't like big rims on old cars, but thems look real good :grin:

Thanks, your car pics sent me into tunnel vision so all i read was "17's" and "barely fit" then I had to stare at the pics for afew minutes

Looks sweet with a nice stance! IMO, not too big and not too small.

I also have 17's on my '73 Hornet/AMX.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

thanks for comments guys...my dad is all old school and absolutely hates big wheels on these old mopars...but he seen this one and said he had to eat crow....really liked it. they look better in person, my camera sucks a%%.

Wow!!!! Finally!! That's exactly what color combo of wheels I'm getting for my 67 but the wheels are called mb old school. 17x9 1/2 on rear and a 17x8 on front. Also my car is a b5 pearl blue. The rears I found will hold a 9 1/2 but the back spacing I believe is a 4.5

Could you do me a favor and take a pic of the rear tire clearence? You say your close to the body panel but what about the leaf spring?

Could you do me a favor and take a pic of the rear tire clearence? You say your close to the body panel but what about the leaf spring?

ill see what i can do tonight....at work now.
but i can tell you this is a 8" rim on a 4.25 back spacing...and i have at least 2" to the spring. a 4 1/2" or even a 5" back spacing would be perfect on the back...i raised my air shocks up a little bit and my rubbing issue went away...it didnt rub the inner fenderwell lip, it actually rubs up inside where the body panel rolls inward....hard to explain. ill try to get pics tonight.

Yes. The shocks and shock mounts were NOT designed to carry the weight of the car. That is the job of the springs. Shocks are just to control "jounce"

Best looking wheel package i have seen on a 66 or 67 b-body have 67 gtx with torq-thrust like yours better !!!!!!

thanks for the compliments guys. ill get under there this weekend and inspect the air shock mounts and see if there is an issue. never heard of that before but makes sense. is it worse on some bodys than others? my car is not that heavy, one of the lighter b-bodies out there i beleive...like 3200 lbs.

Doesn't matter. It wasn't designed to carry the weight like that. You may have to pull the bolt and move the shock for a good look. And look closely. Some times those cracks are hard to see.

Auto Transport Service
Back