• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Coronet 500

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
Just got this today. Had made the deal last year in August and wish I would have come down and grabbed it then. Some of you know I got a barn find 66 Belvedere II last June. Well when we opened the door to the barn, this 66 Dodge was backed in against the wall of the shed with the belvedere pulled in next to it. It was beautiful. Interior is very nice as well. Unfortunately 11 months in the Florida sun ruined the paint on the top surfaces. It's like you can wipe the paint off with your hand in flakes.
It is a big block with air, auto with console and floor shift. I'm happy as a pig in poop right now. The only rust is on the lower front part of the door. I'm going to bet there's a nest in there or something. Rest of car is solid. I'm going to get it running in the next few weeks. I may start a project thread on some of the small things I want to do to it. Paint will have to wait tho. Enjoy.
20220517_104306_HDR_1.jpg
20220517_104323_HDR.jpg
20220517_104335_HDR.jpg
20220517_104351_HDR.jpg
20220517_104344_HDR.jpg
20220517_104418_HDR.jpg
20220517_104407.jpg
20220517_104359_HDR.jpg
20220521_190231.jpg

Thanks guys! Forgot to post engine pic.
20220521_190312.jpg

It has a 4 barrell on it, but I don't believe they came with them? I think all 361s were 2 bbl right?

Nice.

Looks like base/clear paint, so that's not original.

Florida loves to burn clear coat off any car.

Yes 1966 361 B body cars were 2 barrel only.

I'm diggin' the optional wood grain wheel!
Thanks! Glad you pointed that out.
It also has flashers, which I didn't know were an option. Tinted glass came with the ac I guess.

Last edited:
Nice.

Looks like base/clear paint, so that's not original.

Florida loves to burn clear coat off any car.

Yes 1966 361 B body cars were 2 barrel only.
I found some paperwork, it was bought from a classic car dealer and must have been resprayed by them judging by the poor adhesion. It has only one repaint from the looks if it tho. I am exhausted from all the driving over the weekend, so in a few days I'll be able to look it over closer and take it all in. Thanks.

It also has flashers, which I didn't know were an option. Tinted glass came with the ac I guess.
4-way flashers came as 1967 standard equipment. I suppose some one could have swapped in a 1967 wiring harness. Safety conscious people could have had them added aftermarket. My parts car for my '64 Polara had them added to its wiring harness. It looks like a professional installation, so I am using it in my Polara. It includes a dash-mounted pull switch with a red lens in it. I would guess that this flashes when 4-ways are on.

4-way flashers came as 1967 standard equipment. I suppose some one could have swapped in a 1967 wiring harness. Safety conscious people could have had them added aftermarket. My parts car for my '64 Polara had them added to its wiring harness. It looks like a professional installation, so I am using it in my Polara. It includes a dash-mounted pull switch with a red lens in it. I would guess that this flashes when 4-ways are on.
This car has them called out on the fender tag. Just had no idea they were an optional thing.

This car has them called out on the fender tag. Just had no idea they were an optional thing.
The switch is the same as the one on my 1967 R/T, so must have been factory optional.

Nothing wrong or strange about optional 4 ways on a 66 :thumbsup:

Some States made 4 way flashers mandatory in 1966. I believe New York was one.
Probably why it was an available option then. Good info to know. I saw it in the pictures before I picked it up and wondered what it was. Then I did the amateur fender tag decode and it listed the flasher there. Who knew? A day you learn something new is a good day indeed.

Owned a bunch of '66 and '67 B-body cars over the years. Most of mine had the 4-way flashers. One unusual one was a '66 Coronet 500 four-door that did not have them, but had a slew of other options, such as power windows. That 383 car was highly optioned.

My '66 500 hardtop has the four-ways from new.

I have the original dealer invoice for my '66 (Dependable Dodge, Asheville, N.C.) and it's shown as an option.

Owned a bunch of '66 and '67 B-body cars over the years. Most of mine had the 4-way flashers. One unusual one was a '66 Coronet 500 four-door that did not have them, but had a slew of other options, such as power windows. That 383 car was highly optioned.

My '66 500 hardtop has the four-ways from new.

Got any pics of that 4 door PW car?

I've never seen one (and I've seen some oddball 66/67 stuff).

I've also heard from some fairly reliable sources that PW was not available on the 4D or wagon body until 71.

Auto Transport Service
Back