• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Coronet's home after a 2 year vacation!

thebankerstoy

Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
This past Saturday, I finally finished up the restoration on my son's 72 Dart Swinger that had my Coronet sharing my buddy's garage with his 1969 Road Runner. The Coronet hasn't been driven in almost 3 years, or even started in almost 2 1/2 years, so I had it put up on a nice new flat bed tow truck and transported the 8 miles from my buddy's home to mine. Now that it's home, all of the work on the complete interior, power windows and wiring restoration can begin. I've been collecting nos and new parts since 1989 when I bought the car, so it will be REALLY nice to actuall start putting the parts on the car instead of in storage bins! :grin: Once all of the above work is done, I'll go through the fuel system and other items that will need to be looked at after such a long nap. :yes:

I didn't realize how much I missed the car until I got her home! :bighug:

Richard

100_0635.jpg

100_0634.jpg

100_0622.jpg

100_0614.jpg

100_0616.jpg

100_0623.jpg

100_0612.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0642.jpg

100_0644.jpg

100_0645.jpg

Yep, it's going to be awhile before it's back on the street, but it will be fun working on it again. The complete interior will be coming out and I'll be sorting out the factory power windows, factory air conditioning and replacing most of the wiring in the car. Once that's all done, I'll be going through the fuel system and all of the other items that have gone away during it's long nap. It will be a cruiser now, rather than racing it, so it will be nice to have the a/c, power windows and MUCH more comfortable factory seats back in it. :yes: I'm shooting for an interior that looks similar to the one in the attached pictures. Since the car is painted such a conservative color, :sSig_lol3: the new pearl white interior should really wake the car up! :rolling:

Richard

100_0617.jpg

100_0624.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 - white interior #13.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 - white interior #5.jpg

OHH no, you altered a MOPaR from its origional crappy factory build...:sSig_thanks:

You will be forever comdemed to perdition for this sacrilidge. I will pray for your redemption.:grin:

AMEN BROTHER, I HAVE SINED!!!!:rolling: :grin:

While it's not as it came from the factory, it's also not a rare original Hemi car, or a untouched "survivor" car, or a really low production number car. I actually really like modified cars, :yes: I just don't like to see RARE cars modified! :no: By the way, the modified hood is from a donor car.:)

Richard

100_0649.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0641.jpg

100_0646.jpg

I agree... he's been slacking long enough on that thing! :)

(he know's I'm pullin his leg)

Hey buddy, when is your flight coming in to Phoenix, cause I need a good "supervisor" !!! :yes::grin::rolling:

Richard

I like your ram air setup

Thank you. Took a fiberglass Shaker base plate from Year One, added some aluminum L strap with the pre-drilled holes from Home Depot and finished it up with some home air conditioning line insulation foam wrap, also from Home Depot and immediately started feeding fresh air to the carb.

Richard

022_22_0002.jpg

023_23_0002.jpg

Nice car !

From where do you bought the new carpet?

Thank you very much. :)
I buy most all of my interior supplies and parts from Jeff Stewart at Legendary Auto Interiors LTD. You can reach Jeff at 1-800-363-8804, extension #208, or you can check out their web site at www.legendaryautointeriors.com

You can also buy it from Year One, Paddock and many other Mopar vendors, but I have enjoyed doing business with Jeff for many years, so that's where I shop. :yes:

Richard

Ok, thx.
I need a new one and i got some days ago the same link.
So i buy it from LEGENDARY. :)

Richard:

Nice ride!

It's always nice to get back on them after they have been "napping" for a while...:yes:

I have a couple in the garage that have gone from "napping" to "lapsing into a coma"...Bad Owner, Bad Owner!!!:no:

Keep us posted - looks like fun!!!
Ray

Richard:

Nice ride!

It's always nice to get back on them after they have been "napping" for a while...:yes:

I have a couple in the garage that have gone from "napping" to "lapsing into a coma"...Bad Owner, Bad Owner!!!:no:

Keep us posted - looks like fun!!!
Ray

Thanks Ray, it looks like we BOTH need to get some work done huh? :yes::)

I've owned my Coronet since 1989 and have worked on just about every square inch of it. I've driven it to work, drag raced it, taken it to car shows and have done just about everything else you can do with one of these old beasties. I've owned lots of fun cars and trucks in my life, but this 66 Coronet has absolutely been one of my favorites. :yes: It just makes the world right when I hear that 440 and it's 3" exhaust runnung! :grin:

Richard

Richard, you sat in it and made Vroom Vroom soums didn't you:rolling:. I my self would put the new front seats in it and drive it. Looks good the way it is.:yes:

Richard, you sat in it and made Vroom Vroom soums didn't you:rolling:. I my self would put the new front seats in it and drive it. Looks good the way it is.:yes:

Richard, you sat in it and made Vroom Vroom soums didn't you

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling: Nope, I just put in one of the old VHS tapes from it's drag racing days and turned it up REAL loud!!! :rolling::rolling:

I'm going to change the interior from it's current black and yellow, to pearl white with black carpet and black dash, similar to the one shown in the attached photo's. I also want to go through the half million parts in the power windows to clean em up and get them all working like new again. :yes:

Richard

1966 Coronet 500 convertible with white interior #9.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 convertible with white interior #2.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 convertible with white interior #3.jpg

1966 Coronet 500 - white and black interior #4.jpg

Hey buddy, when is your flight coming in to Phoenix, cause I need a good "supervisor" !!! :yes::grin::rolling:

Richard

Heh.. you don't want me supervising.. I'll be thinking up too many excuses to take that thing for a "test ride" :rolling:

Heh.. you don't want me supervising.. I'll be thinking up too many excuses to take that thing for a "test ride" :rolling:

Hey Mike,

It's been sitting around WAY to long, so it NEEDS a few good "test drives"!!:yes::rolling::rolling:

Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back