• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 charger

nchrome

Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
Well guys all l can say is here's photos for ya to look at and my progress so far l've owned this girl since Febuary and hope to have it on the road maybe by early next summer and maybe in paint by fall

IMG_0637 (1).JPG IMG_0638 (1).JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0648 (1).JPG IMG_0649.JPG IMG_0650 (1).JPG IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0713.JPG IMG_0714.JPG

It amazes me the amount of work some people put into these cars, cars that should probably be scrap.... hats off to ya, can't wait to see it come back to life !

Great progress....keep up the good work and the pics coming...

well here's a few more picts have some more recent ones but haven't down loaded them yet

IMG_0761.JPG IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0763.JPG IMG_0764.JPG IMG_0765.JPG IMG_0767.JPG IMG_0768.JPG

Oh just in case your wondering yes l bit the bullet and cut the whole quarter off up to the door

Great time line! You plan on putting in a lot of time to get it done. Your doing a great job. Keep it up.

Worked today on one of the rear valance corner got it finished up and am working on a small piece inside the trunk to seal the trunk from exhaust gasses over the corner. Boy talk about a major screw up lots of bondo and braise to take out to get this corner in. also the whole valance was not welded to the rear brace crossmember (that is the old one before l replaced it) It too was rusted to nearly nothing and it was home made and made very poorly. Tomorrow l plan on taking the left side off and start on the drivers side rear quarter and work my way up too the door. Hopefully the patch panels l have will work otherwise l may have to order another rear quarter but guess l will have to wait and see

Well today l was going to work on the drivers side but foung a big hole under the drivers side tail lite so had to cut a patch weld in and get it sealed up But l did get it done now l guess l'll see what l can do tomorrow and plug on

Where my finger is pointing is how badly the rear quarter was made the chrome extends below the quarter. Got the trunk extension and the outer wheel well. The wheel well was badly damaged from a collision and they did not straighten it out any. Pretty bad shape so will being replacing it then l will put on a new rear quarter skin. Will post some more pictures tomorrow. Mostly of the bad wheel well and some other work l did in the engine compartment and on the trunk and wheel well.

Well here's some more photos some show the outer wheel well and how bad it was and also show what l did in the engine compartment

IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0787.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG IMG_0795.JPG IMG_0796.JPG IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0802.JPG

Well did some more work today repaired the frame infront of the wheel well. Now l can weld the outer wheel well but l will wait until the quarter panel gets here to make sure all will fit properly then l will weld it all up and be ready to mount quarter panel

IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0812.JPG IMG_0813.JPG

That's a lot of patching but what better car to be working on lol, I may be a bit partial to Chargers.:rolleyes: Keep plugging away and keep the pictures coming.

Nice work:thumbsup:

Well did some more work trying to save my front fenders The plate behind the headlights was really rusted badly so tried my skill and patients rebuilding it and making sure it all goes back to its original position next will be that brace that is in the middle of the fender over the wheel. That for some reason some one took them out if successful l will do the other fender also

IMG_0814.JPG IMG_0815.JPG IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0817.JPG IMG_0818.JPG IMG_0819.JPG

Thank you l've been doing stuff like this for quite some time just the first time l've done it with a mig welder. Its not perfect but close enough for a daily driver. And after l'm done building this old girl that's just what me and the wife plan on doing DRIVE THE WHEELS OFF THIS GIRL. Not hot rod her just drive her all over the states

Goody Goody big brown truck just delivered another part for this build a drivers side rear quarter. Tomorrow l will take it out and check and see if l have to do any more tweeking and finish up the back half of this girl. After l'm done with that then l will tear down the engine and send it off to the machine shop and have new bearing frost plugs done then will have all new parts to put in then l will have the trans rebuilt

Auto Transport Service
Back