• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 Roadrunner no electrical power

Russ Hood

Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Took my car and had the front end aligned this morning. Got to the office afterwards then headed out to lunch. Turned switch - nothing. Headlights or nothing worked. Fuses are good. Starter turns over with screwdriver at starter regulator and starter itself. Alternator was making a racket and I thought that was it. I have checked voltage regulator it's good.

Check the blue fused link at the starter relay. Sometimes they burn out. Also check all of your bulk head connections.

Took my car and had the front end aligned this morning. Got to the office afterwards then headed out to lunch. Turned switch - nothing. Headlights or nothing worked. Fuses are good. Starter turns over with screwdriver at starter regulator and starter itself. Alternator was making a racket and I thought that was it. I have checked voltage regulator it's good.
Think more how about a battery cut off installed one in my Wifes expidition saved dead bat lots of times till we figured out it was the windshield leak.

Ok I check some things. Found this under the dash and unplugged it and plugged it back in. Now the car turns over and has lights but won't start. When turning over the ammeter is on the D side but I guess that's normal til it starts.

IMG_20210808_191809743.jpg IMG_20210808_192302921.jpg

You've got a loose connection under the dash. Maybe at your ignition switch. Start the wiggle test on the harness as you try to crank.

Auto Transport Service
Back