• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

usaroadrunner

Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
found my dream car. i had 70 cuda 383, but i always wanted a 70 rr. i cant wait to redo this car. i got big plans and yes it will have a HEMI.:headbang:
I did do a little polishing on it...you can tell alittle. lol

DSCN0586.jpg DSCN0587.jpg DSCN0451.jpg

A sweet project car - looks solid! All of the elixirs on the right side trunk in the last pic show that you're having plenty of fun already. :grin:

whats the VIN on that car front grill looks like a GTX not a RR

you realize thats NOT a road runner right?. its a sport satellite. still a GREAT find none-the-less....congrats!

Looks like a good start. As long as you're building a clone, you may as well shoot for a GTX instead of a road runner. You already have the grill and tail lights. :)

I always liked the honeycomb grill, I got one in case I want to change the look of my road runner from time to time.

70 barn find

yes it is a sport satellite with the 318. im glad its a satellite cause i didnt want to molest a rr. gonna build it the way i want. plans are 2012 challenger srt8 silver with white vinyle top with rr satin white strips on hood, solid white interior with custom dash with either silver or white faced gauges. gonna have to stuff a dana under it for the big block HEMI. time to work some overtime.

I love unmolested cars!

Nice find.

that shined up good.the outside looks solid.how's the underneath?

70 barn find

the whole trunk floor needs relaced along with quarters, rockers, and driver side floor pan, and one body brace. other than that looks pretty good. already replaced gas tank, got me some rust free fenders ($$$$big money) and new cop car wheels with dog dish caps. thanks for all the comments. cant wait i just love mopar muscle. :icon_thumright:

Nice find and already looks like your having fun polishing it for now, looks real good. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive on July 2nd, being transported right now and should take 7 to 10 days. Good Luck on your project.

nice!

great project look forward to the reserection:headbang:

I had a 70 Satellite in the same color combo. I sold it to a guy in the New England states. The car was a 318, but had a 340 in it. Nice color combo!

If you're gonna make RR instead of GTX, for God's sake, don't mess up that grill or the stainless trim across the back. Carefully remove them and put them on e-bay, that stuff is impossible to find, and the last full set of rear stainless I saw sold for almost a grand.

I like the color combo, but then again, maybe I'm biased? :)

BIGX.jpg

216783_10150264554744526_507739525_7366970_7313375_s.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back