• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My brother and I racing.

383man

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
I found this pic on the internet someone took last weekend of my brother and I racing in a time run. This is what I wanted a pic of his 64 and my 63 as all the years we have raced I never got a pic of these two cars together. This is a pretty good pic but I wish it was a little clearer. Course mine a street car and his is a race car. I think I was the only car running in the NSS class with a full exh , wiper blades , radio antenna and a working radio. I ran 10.85 to his 10.24 but it was a ton of fun even if he is a little faster. Ron

RampG_zps1bdef8ff.jpg

That is a good shot. You know he joined fbbo back in the spring. Made a few posts. Haven't seen him on in a while

It was an excellent day! There were some really fast cars on the track...yours included. I had The Kansas Belle in the car show. Will look for you next year. I did run into 68 Chicken (Mitch). Bill

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
That is a good shot. You know he joined fbbo back in the spring. Made a few posts. Haven't seen him on in a while

Not my brother as he does not even own a computer. Maybe some else ? Ron

- - - Updated - - -

It was an excellent day! There were some really fast cars on the track...yours included. I had The Kansas Belle in the car show. Will look for you next year. I did run into 68 Chicken (Mitch). Bill

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we could not have asked for a better day ! I want to go and race in the NSS class again next year so we will have to hook up. Ron

Maybe you can trace who has that pic and get an original one.

Cool shot, it's all coming together for you Ron!

That was his son but I did not know he posted on here. His son was doing all the talking on the computer as Gary my brother does not own a computer and has never worked with one. He is even more of an old fart then me. He has two son's Chris and Gary and that was actually Chris but he used his name since it was my brother who had the bad dealings with sled city. Thanks for showing me that. Ron

Street or strip, those cars just flat look great! Thanks for sharing.

great pic Ron two nice looking and running cars

Ron, You both have such great looking cars and that's an awsome shot. Someday you'll look at that picture and consider it priceless.
Back when I was racing I had a guy take some pictures just off the line at Lions. in those days there was no digital stuff and I never got my pictures. I Only have a few pictures of my old '63 and I treasure them.

Very cool picture. Good memories. I have one from 20 years ago too, mine being the Polara 500 and good friend Joe's 64 Plymouth. image.jpgimage.jpg

I found this pic on the internet someone took last weekend of my brother and I racing in a time run. This is what I wanted a pic of his 64 and my 63 as all the years we have raced I never got a pic of these two cars together. This is a pretty good pic but I wish it was a little clearer. Course mine a street car and his is a race car. I think I was the only car running in the NSS class with a full exh , wiper blades , radio antenna and a working radio. I ran 10.85 to his 10.24 but it was a ton of fun even if he is a little faster. Ron

RampG_zps1bdef8ff.jpg

You either have a very fast street car or he has a slow race car (lol) just kidding...
those are very good times, within half a second of each other.
What motors are in your cars?

My 63 is a street car that I race through the full exh on pump gas. Its a 440/493 with the 4.15 crank. Has dished pistons for 10.6 comp with the basic Indy EZ heads. Has a soilid flat tappet cam and Hughes 1.6 rockers. I use the Indy dual plane intake and the 850 DP carb. 2" TTI headers and the 3" TTI exh to the rear bumper. I run stock suspension with just 3400 lb SS springs and 90/10 shocks up front. I have 727 with a Dynamic 9.5 converter and a 8-3/4 with 4.30's and 30 x 9 tires. It weighs just over 3700 lbs with me in it and has run 10.70's best.

My brother runs a 511 with the 4.25 crank and flattop pistons for around 11.8 comp with the big Indy EZ heads he uses. He runs a Comp solid roller cam and Hughes rockers. He has the Mod Man intake with two 650 AFB carbs. He runs 2" TTI headers also with no exh just open headers. 727 with a Turbo Action 8" conveter and he has a Dana with 4.88's and runs 32 x 14 tires. His car is a ladder bar car and usually hooks good. His 64 weighs about 3600 with him in it. His best is 9.96. Thanks for all the kind replies. Ron

- - - Updated - - -

This is the only pic I have of my brothers 511.

409934956.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And my 493. Ron

409088851.gif

Just looking at it is making Sonny itch to smoke some tires!:icon_thumright::icon_pray:

that picture is just too too much!:headbang:

What valve covers are those 383 man?

They are Mancini's valve covers. I paid about $120. for them. I did use a stock type valve covers for a long time painted orange trying to keep some of the Max Wedge look. But I got tired of them leaking when I adjusted the valves if I did not seal them up good. Then I figured since I have a nice flat surface on the aluminum heads that I should just go with an aluminum billet type of cover with a nice flat surface and then I just bought the Moroso blue gaskets that are a steel insert coated in rubber as it seals up perfect every time and you can use them gaskets over and over. And I was going to paint these orange but I have a few set of the 426 SuperStock decals and I have seen Max Wedges where guys had chrome covers on them so I decided not to paint them and see how I like it. I can always pull them and paint them orange if I want. But I like them like this and plan to leave them this way for now. These are the old covers I was using. Thanks for the kind replies , Ron

407137556.gif

- - - Updated - - -

And another pic with the new covers. You can see a bit of the blue Moroso gaskets I now use on the valve covers. And they work perfect with the aluminum heads and these valve covers as it seals up great and never no leaks as I hate oil leaks on my hotrod ! Ron

100_2341_zps7ace2253.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another pic a friend took of us. Ron

gampr2_zps1a33de27.png

I like those valve covers maybe I'll pick some up and paint them a factory color but and put them on my 440 but I don't have a car to put it in as I decided to keep my charger a small block thanks for the info

Auto Transport Service
Back