• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Buddies 69 Charger.

Riverdawg

Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
My buddy spent 18 years redoing this Charger as a Day 2 restoration. It's been done for 4 or 5 years now. I've posted pics of it at times on other threads. He's won several Best in Shows and could probably win awards if he were to take it to some of the bigger shows.

IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG

It's so painful for me to post these next couple pics. I can only imagine how he's feeling.

IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

He sent me these pics today. It's probably taken him this long to be able to talk about it.
Last Friday, last nice day around here. One last drive. He and his son took the car out here in Mid-Michigan. 72 degrees. Running down a 2 lane road and someone coming the other way crossed the double yellow lines and down the side of the car. No one hurt thankfully. But he is just sick about it. Really bummed for him. It's been a labor of love for him. It was so nice you could eat of the bottom of it. He would drive it whenever it was nice out.

that sucks, hopefully insurance can help

bummer :(

Wow --life can change in a sec.-----And a fraction of a sec. maybe kept this from being a head on hit.

I know he's sick, but that can be fixed....... all is not lost

Glad your buddy and kid were not hurt. Have to say, somebody be hurtin' if they did that to my car! There is no such thing as an "accident". It was caused by somebody's stupidity.....texting,not paying attention, etc.

Holy **** Batman! Sounds like it was very close to being a head on. In that respect he got off easy. The car can be repaired. Glad they are OK.

that sucks, hopefully insurance can help
Yeah, he has Hagerty. Thankfully he had raise the agreed value this year. They said it will be taken care of.

Wow --life can change in a sec.-----And a fraction of a sec. maybe kept this from being a head on hit.
It sure had to have been close seeing were the marks and damage starts on the front.

I know he's sick, but that can be fixed....... all is not lost
Very true. He did joke about the window regulator that broke in the spring will get fixed now.

Glad your buddy and kid were not hurt. Have to say, somebody be hurtin' if they did that to my car! There is no such thing as an "accident". It was caused by somebody's stupidity.....texting,not paying attention, etc.
Yeah thankfully everyone was ok. The guy the hit him was absolutely mortified. He said he had seen the car at some of the car shows. Haven't heard an explanation of what he was doing to cross the center line. My brother had done some work on the car when it was first getting dialed in, he asked me if they found the guys body?

First, I am glad both him and his son are OK!

Breaks my heart to see and hear about this.....

Just glad they remake most of the parts he'll be needing to repair the car. Hard part is finding a decent body shop that can do the work.

Just glad they remake most of the parts he'll be needing to repair the car. Hard part is finding a decent body shop that can do the work.
Yeah, he's lucky, now there are a lot of parts made for the Charger. He has a shop lined up already. They do muscle cars and will do collision work. Sounds like they've won awards at the Detroit Autorama too.

My jaw just hit the floor :(, wow, well glad to hear no one was hurt.

Man just makes me sick lo
My jaw just hit the floor :(, wow, well glad to hear no one was hurt.

Yeah, same thing happened to me when I saw the text Wednesday morning. It took me a minute to realize it was his car though, I just got a new iPhone and hadn't gotten my contacts / phone numbers transferred yet, so I didn't recognize the number right away. I was like, that looks like Mark's charger but no, it's different, then OMG it is his, holy sh!t!!!!

Definitely a sickening look to the car....but at least everyone walked away OK. I hope your buddy can get himself together enough to have the car repaired and try to put this episode behind him. :thumbsup:

Owww, owww, f'n oww.
Hagerty, huh?
Come next spring need to figure out where to insure this.
66 Belvedere II  1~2.jpg

JC? Geico didn't like hearing I might drive it to work. This makes me cranky.
I have for years worked a life that hasn't permitted things like weekends for shows/parades club events.
When I want to drive the car I've taken care of since 1977, it might not be the weekend. It's might be June 4th to October 19th every day to work.
What's da problem, eh?
I saved this car for me. When I can drive this to work it's as close to a vacation as I ever get.
Love to learn a little more about his policy stipulations...

Cardiac arrest, holy ****, love stinks.....what a blow to all the hours & determination......Heartache. Thankfully They weren't hurt.

Auto Transport Service
Back