• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My car club has cancelled our cruise in and super swap!?

Bb70charger500

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys I had a meeting the other night with my car club mopar's of brevard
Moparsofbrevard.com
And every year we put on a huge super swap meet for mopar's well this was supposed to happen end of February!
They decided to cancel the show and the next one will be 2022 and to add more , we have a monthly Cruse in at a local 5 guys restraint with about 200 cars this is the biggest show around. I'm told were not going to have it until next year. With that I'm also told were no longer having it there as they don't like having all the hoops to jump threw .
Then you throw into the mix the club is arguing with each other now about this stuff half don't show up to meeting s anymore...... I fear my car club is going to disappear like all the others around did!
What do you guys think is canceling this stuff a good idea?
I for one think we should of kept the big show as we have people from all over come and if we miss one they might not come the following year!
The monthly show is out side huge parking lot I don't see the issue!

Tell me what you would do !!!

Moparsofbrevard.com
And every year we put on a huge super swap meet for mopar's well this was supposed to happen end of February!
They decided to cancel the show and the next one will be 2022 and to add more , we have a monthly Cruse in at a local 5 guys restraint with about 200 cars this is the biggest show around. I'm told were not going to have it until next year. With that I'm also told were no longer having it there as they don't like having all the hoops to jump threw .
Then you throw into the mix the club is arguing with each other now about this stuff half don't show up to meeting s anymore...... I fear my car club is going to disappear like all the others around did!
I for one think we should of kept the big show as we have people from all over come and if we miss one they might not come the following year!

Is the issue that you are having that the business owners don't like the events on their property and the hoops they have to jump through, or is the issue the club doesn't like to jump through the hoops to have the show/event at their current locations? If the issue is the club, then it sounds like new leadership is required. If the issue is the businesses, the best place to start in finding a new location is with your chamber of commerce. You may also reach out to the City to see if you could host events at a park or other City owned location. There will certainly be hoops for that, but look at the monthly shows that are put on in Plant City (over in my neck of the woods outside of Tampa). They have a huge monthly show that is coordinated with the City/Chamber of Commerce.

You may still be getting push back from businesses with regards to COVID. Many locations are still unwilling to host events that draw lots of people. Around here, local car shows, cruise nights, and cars and coffee events are just now restarting, some still haven't.

Just my thoughts as I work for a municipality and organize events in town in conjunction with our Chamber of Commerce.

The "new normal" is to be kept in a constant state of fear.

iStock_000011887641_Large-450d1ab.jpg

The business wants us there as we bring in a ton of business we have the hoops from property management we have insurance and stuff they just need lots of paperwork filled out

Is the issue that you are having that the business owners don't like the events on their property and the hoops they have to jump through, or is the issue the club doesn't like to jump through the hoops to have the show/event at their current locations? If the issue is the club, then it sounds like new leadership is required. If the issue is the businesses, the best place to start in finding a new location is with your chamber of commerce. You may also reach out to the City to see if you could host events at a park or other City owned location. There will certainly be hoops for that, but look at the monthly shows that are put on in Plant City (over in my neck of the woods outside of Tampa). They have a huge monthly show that is coordinated with the City/Chamber of Commerce.

You may still be getting push back from businesses with regards to COVID. Many locations are still unwilling to host events that draw lots of people. Around here, local car shows, cruise nights, and cars and coffee events are just now restarting, some still haven't.

Just my thoughts as I work for a municipality and organize events in town in conjunction with our Chamber of Commerce.

im in the middle of both of you gents and my car is 2-3 months from being on the road . i will be looking for a place for me and my wife to cruise to so take the lead if the whipped boys dont want to make it happen . the info given by ksurfer2 i think is sound.

DON'T LET GOVERNMENT TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!

Your fate is still in your own hands. Arrange your own event and those that feel safe enough will attend.

Moparsofbrevard.com

I'm not suggesting that there is anything crooked or incompetent going on with your club's leadership, but I would advise the membership to immediately get a proper accounting of all funds (income and outlays; and debts) and club-owned property/assets. An independent person needs to go through the club's treasury bookkeeping and his/her findings need to be reported to the membership.

Sadly it's not that simple. Without the club I wouldn't have the insurance and security guard.
We would just get kicked out of where ever we go

We keep eyes on everything, the leadership gets changed once a year currently the president wants to get back out there we donate everything and only keep enough to run the shows .

I've had nothing but problems with car clubs, there's always some kind of BS within that I just refuse to deal with! Good Luck

Sadly it's not that simple. Without the club I wouldn't have the insurance and security guard.

what do you mean by insurance ? so why do you need security guard ? if i saw someone messing with someones car i would say something and if there fights well something else is going on that i have never seen at a car gathering .

Jeez, I don't know man. I've been in a few clubs in the last 35 years. They always seem to go defunk. The best times I remember was just going to cruise inn's and talking to other car enthusiast. Hopefully someday all this BS will be behind us.

I've had nothing but problems with car clubs, there's always some kind of BS within that I just refuse to deal with! Good Luck

I wish you well under the current environment we’re in.

For me, I don’t want to belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member

Were a non profit with bi law's
We need to have insurance and hire a security guard so we actually send 2 members to security training to save money. We used to hire a police officer.
I'm afraid the times of just going and hanging out in a parking lot is gone .
You need alot of stuff now or you will get kicked out !
Unless you have insurance they won't approve a car show . To many people trying to sue others property management is very strict

Our weekly cruise happens in the town square, where over 50 cars have been a regular attendance. That’s a lot for our little berg, and guys come from all surrounding towns. The cops come and prop up the hood of the squad car and mingle with the crowd, all is good, and there is no rule against meeting at the park.

I wish you well under the current environment we’re in.

For me, I don’t want to belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member
With dickfore members like you runnin the club, I can see why!

Last edited:
Myself I am on board with not having shows now.
Me, I am not to worried about, its others in my family that I have to be careful for.
I wish everyone the best and hope all stay healthy.
Everyone has to decide what works best for their own family.

Auto Transport Service
Back