• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My car`s Birthday

omoskito

Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1975 Coronet and when checking the fender tag the other day, it says date of build is August 11th 1974. Means it is his birthday today but he is one year older than I thought. Can this be true? Need to know when I go into the garage later today and have a beer on him:)

No problems to get parts in the past for the ´75, but could there be any problems if he is a `74 and not a `75 in some particular matters...?

Thanks for any info on this.

omoskito

Car manufacturer calendar is different then the actual calendar. Happy birthday to your car, If it’s running celebratory burnouts are a must!
:drinks:

Know this, but was wondering, though... And rubber is expensive here in Germany:steering:

Happy 48th birthday to your car!
Production for a model year typically started in early August of the previous calendar year and ran through late July of the following year.
So your car built in August of '74 would be a "early build" '75 whereas one with a Scheduled Build date of July '75 would be one of the last of that model year built.
My '70 Challenger convertible has a scheduled build date in November 24 of '69, and it just so happened November 24 of 2019 was the Sunday of that year's Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, so my car celebrated it's 50th birthday at the show!
Of course, it's actual build date was probably a different day in November, but the SBD is the best guess you could say, of its birthday, so it was pretty cool having it celebrate its half century milestone birthday at the best musclecar show in the world!

vert birthday.JPG

Happy birthday (build date) to a car

Thanks for the input and the birthday wishes:) My wife called me nuts when sitting in my car with a cold brew celebrating its birthday last night, but so it was right and he turned 48. Good age.

Most US classics here are having July 1st in the papers as their "date of birth" as it is not that easy to determine the exact date. Lucky to have a car where it works more precise. Brings you closer to it and underlines the special relation. Okay, it still is a car, not a person, but...

@XS22J8R: Great thing to celebrate your car`s birthday right there! And it looks very, very nice in the pic.

May no Tesla driving psychologist will ever read here, he would never understand:p:)

I've been told that the door sticker is more accurate than the fender tag "SPD", scheduled build date.

When was it scheduled vs when did it actually happen.

Of course I have to shameless plug that the broadcast sheet for my Satellite is dated on my actual birthday when I was 5!!
The door sticker is 5 days later.

Auto Transport Service
Back