• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter and her family are sick

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
They got home from a vacation in the desert southwest 2 weeks ago and picked up the dog from mother-in-law's. Dog was sick. Now the family is getting sick one-by-one starting with the oldest granddaughter who spends most of the time with the dog. Now all 3 kids are sick with fevers, headaches, sore throats and just want to sleep. My daughter has a fever of 103 tonight. No mention of any changes to taste and smell.

I haven't seen them in several weeks and I'm feeling fine.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is sick or heard of anything going around.

I'm not a doctor.
Could be COVID, the flu or possibly Lyme disease for the dog.
They all need to see a doctor.

Here in AZ I have about 6 friends over the last 2 weeks who had sore throat, ear ache, fever of 101+ for about 2 or 3 days each. All felt fine after. Ibuprofen n rest for each n gone pretty quickly.

Recently, I know someone that got sick and doctors couldn’t figure it out. Was in ICU.

Turns out he went to Ojai CA a couple weeks prior and got “Valley Fever”. Doc said mostly in California Central Valley. Starting to see more cases.

They had to do a bronchial lung biopsy.

Recently, I know someone that got sick and doctors couldn’t figure it out. Turns out he went to Ojai CA a couple weeks prior and got “Valley Fever”. Doc said mostly in California Central Valley. Starting to see more cases.
Valley Fever was very prominent around '78 in AZ. From a fungus in the soil. Mostly effects people w compromised immune system.

Make sure to have them checked for CO poisoning, if they all live in a house that uses natural gas or propane.

My good friend lives in Visalia near Fresno, central valley, CA. He's told me they have cases of valley fever in the area every few years. All the farming and weather patterns (and lack of rain) in that hot valley stirs things up in the air.

Just to rule it out pick up some free home COVID tests for the family. You can get them at CVS, Walgreens or many other places. I’m not one of these that think there’s a million variants all over the place and virtually everything is labeled monkey pox. But just for peace of mind why not do the home test and everything is just kept w/in the family. The dog - no idea. And don’t forget despite it being buried deep within the bowels of ….. The flu still exists.

It sounds like what I had. I tested positive with one of those government kits. I still haven’t gotten back my taste and sense of smell. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Valley Fever was very prominent around '78 in AZ. From a fungus in the soil. Mostly effects people w compromised immune system.

With all the construction going and wind this year it could very well be Valley Fever.

Dogs can get Covid and regardless of who or what gets it, the current strain spreads like wildfire. Symptoms are similar to a cold or flu. As me how I know !! But if they're "sick" as in vomiting, etc then its likely something else.

They got home from a vacation in the desert southwest 2 weeks ago and picked up the dog from mother-in-law's. Dog was sick. Now the family is getting sick one-by-one starting with the oldest granddaughter who spends most of the time with the dog. Now all 3 kids are sick with fevers, headaches, sore throats and just want to sleep. My daughter has a fever of 103 tonight. No mention of any changes to taste and smell.

I haven't seen them in several weeks and I'm feeling fine.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is sick or heard of anything going around.

Dogs don't usually get sick when humans do, but salmonella is one of a few things that we both can have at the same time, I won't get into the others, but a small number of dogs have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. It’s believed that these infections were acquired from close contact with an owner who had contracted the virus. , I would go to the doctors.

Auto Transport Service
Back