• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter and her family are sick

Hey Os post ^^^^ about salmonella just jogged my brain.
There is a recall on jiff peanut butter right now because of that.
Hope its just a simple stomach bug and they feel better soon.

My son and his family including the dogs got sick a few weeks ago here in Phoenix. Not covid. Granddaughters pediatrician said a lot of late flu cases. Story on the local news about it. Surge in flu cases partly due to flu shot protection gone from those who got the shot early.

Hey Os post ^^^^ about salmonella just jogged my brain.
There is a recall on jiff peanut butter right now because of that.
Hope its just a simple stomach bug and they feel better soon.
I saw that!!

We have a half gone jar of jiff in the cupboard. I told the wife I don't want to know. Just pitch it and buy some skippy.
I take a spoonful once a day of peanut butter and have for years.

Recently, I know someone that got sick and doctors couldn’t figure it out. Was in ICU.

Turns out he went to Ojai CA a couple weeks prior and got “Valley Fever”. Doc said mostly in California Central Valley. Starting to see more cases.

They had to do a bronchial lung biopsy.
I was going to suggest that. It kind of runs in spurts. A buddy of mine lost his Bull Terrier to it a couple years ago. I hope everyone starts feeling better and it’s just a mild case of the flu or cold.

Thanks for all the replies.

They don't have the typical Covid symptom of losing taste and smell. I don't think they're vomiting or have diarrhea, either. 3-4 days each they're feeling better and fever's gone.

They don't have the typical Covid symptom of losing taste and smell. I don't think they're vomiting or have diarrhea, either. 3-4 days each they're feeling better and fever's gone.

I’ve had covid twice, no loss of taste or smell either time. Gone in 3-4 days. Worst symptom the first time was body aches in my legs and back, 2nd time was like a cold, nothing serious.

I’ve had covid twice, no loss of taste or smell either time. Gone in 3-4 days. Worst symptom the first time was body aches in my legs and back, 2nd time was like a cold, nothing serious.
I forgot to mention they all had body aches.

Late to the party here - glad everyone is feeling better - but I'll go with Valley fever also. had never heard of it myself until a few years ago when a friend [from Oklahoma] got it when she moved out there. One dog died from it and she said she felt like she was going to! She, her son and the other dog all recovered within a few days. her husband never came down with it, but he was from the area originally... musta had a natural resistance. Nasty stuff thats not well known and seldom diagnosed/often misdiagnosed these days due to convid.

We have a half gone jar of jiff in the cupboard. I told the wife I don't want to know. Just pitch it and buy some skippy.
Yeah, I have a 3rd eaten jar and a new one I bought maybe two weeks ago. I'm addicted to peanut butter; morning ritual eat. Both have the recall. Now reading all sorts of stuff is being recalled. Mfg's must be slipping being short staffed?

I had that week before last.
Lasted 4 days .
Tested positive to Covid.
Doing OK now.

Tell ya, never had so many people I know getting covid! WDH..

Glad to hear that your kinfolk are getting better.
Pretty much everyone that I know has had Covid including my 93 year old mom. I don't know if I had it. Probably so though. I have had a really bad nose cold twice but never tested positive. Some lost their sense of smell and some didn't.
A good friend of mine that is my age and as healthy as can be just got home after being in a hospital since Oct. It really jack him up. I went and saw him and he is now in a wheel chair but is getting better.

Everyone is feeling better except the Dad, Jeff. He's just getting it.

The Covid tests are all over the map. So, they're not having it. They're going to be old school and treat the symptoms and wait it out.

Auto Transport Service
Back