• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My daughter and I took our Air Force cadet to Top Gun

SteveSS

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
I liked the movie. It was worth it to see in the theater just for the sound. The headrests shake when the jets are taking off. We were at a matinee so there were just about 25 people there and the theater has the fully reclining seats so that was cool.

I asked our Air Force Academy cadet, Quinn, how he liked the Thunderbirds this week at the graduation ceremony and he said he was very impressed. My daughter asked how it felt to have his first year completed and he said he definitely felt like he earned it. Somehow grades came up and he said he got straight A's. I've sponsored a lot of cadets over the years and most of them have been on academic probation at one time or another. The AFA is that tough. Quinn, this cadet is extremely modest and polite. Some things I have to teach him like how to drive a stick shift and swing a golf club.

It won't be long until a new class of cadets will be rolling in. Then Quinn gets to be the one yelling at them.

Was just in Colorado springs and saw them all graduate, very cool!

I liked the movie. It was worth it to see in the theater just for the sound. The headrests shake when the jets are taking off. We were at a matinee so there were just about 25 people there and the theater has the fully reclining seats so that was cool.

Did they dare put Kelly McGinnis in it?

EAuyz2iVUAAsjx-?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

upload_2022-5-28_8-16-52.jpeg

That is awesome that you do this Steve. I've been by the AFA many times but would like to go in and check it out some day.

Nope, they had Jennifer Connelly as the love interest. She looked great.

Auto Transport Service
Back