• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first B body vert. project

F4R/T

Local time
3:04 AM
Reaction score
Just brought this old girl home for a new life. She was in New Jersey for awhile,I’ve found. If anyone recognizes her let me know. Factory 383 2 bbl, buckets , column shift auto, ps, pdb, ac, power top. From what I’ve found she born white, still has all the original floor pans. She sold thru SMI auto brokers, at one point, that’s how it got out to my area. I didn’t find a build sheet but do have the fender tag that I haven’t went thru yet , 68s are different the 70. I drove it home with the top down and sun shining and 40s temp and froze but was all smiles.

A63789FA-B145-4FA0-946E-9D01490B0317.jpeg D49A3D3A-E4F6-4C7E-83B0-5BBC3BE3D67A.jpeg 98DCF6A2-37FC-4B74-A57F-34FDFFB0B285.jpeg image.jpg

Nice find. Nice thing about a convertible is, when you are driving around with the top down, you can F4R/T all you want.

Makes a nice driving combo with the 3:55 ring gear, it was swapped to a 4 bbl eddy. It is a twenty twenty car but I’m good with that.
Thanks too guys! I’m excited and my oldest son took a strong liking to the way it looks. All he seems to like are euro cars and modern stuff... until we drove around in this.

Nice car! I am also partial to the 68 trunk trim and tail lights - they look great.

Enjoy it!

Looks to be pretty clean/solid in the photos

Nice 68 (always one of my favorites years) very cool & congrats

I've always wanted a 69 RR or 68 GTX vert
a Sport Satellite or plain Satellite would do too

----------------------------------------------------------------

But if I do another car it will hopefully be
poss. even a clone, pref. real 68 Dart GTS BB 4 speed vert 'mini RR'
or maybe a 68 Barracuda Formula S FB 383 4 speed, a vert would be cool too
or a 68 D-100 Sweptside short-bed 'Dude' tribute, modern Hemi drivetrain

Just brought this old girl home for a new life. She was in New Jersey for awhile,I’ve found. If anyone recognizes her let me know. Factory 383 2 bbl, buckets , column shift auto, ps, pdb, ac, power top. From what I’ve found she born white, still has all the original floor pans. She sold thru SMI auto brokers, at one point, that’s how it got out to my area. I didn’t find a build sheet but do have the fender tag that I haven’t went thru yet , 68s are different the 70. I drove it home with the top down and sun shining and 40s temp and froze but was all smiles.

View attachment 1267517 View attachment 1267518 View attachment 1267519 View attachment 1267525

Nice looking car.

It belonged to the local (now deceased) Mayor.

I'm glad you got it.

I was afraid some rip off place like Gateway or Fastlane would get it.

Congrats!! If it drives as good as it looks i'd be happy with it just like it is.

Nice looking car. Someone even ponied up the extra cash to get headrests.

Auto Transport Service
Back