• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Funny Car from 1966-1968

Mike Gaines

Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
I sold this car thru an ad it National Dragster. I sold it in 1969.
I went to a guy in Burlington Vermont.
Does anyone remember seeing this car on the east coast 1969 or after, OR, ever see this car around Burlington Vermont.
It may very well have went to the boneyard years ago....

1967 start line.jpg 20110624_41.jpg 20110624_48.jpg funnycarinterior.jpg 20110624_71.JPG

sweet, love them Mopar altered wheelbased cars. Looks like you were having some fun driving that car!!!!

I hope you find it!

Jeez Mike, how old are ya anyway?!

very cool racer , thanks for the vintage pics , they'll be great for my vintage mopar race cars folder . my 63 sf never got the alterations , but has been a track car way before i owned it . last pic was at the track with the hood with fresh air inlets cut into a under hood air box to the carbs , before i looked up to get fresh air to the carbs .
05190027.jpg
Fury.png
Scan0046_0046.jpg
63 sport fury mw on desplay at sears point goodouys april me.jpg

Jeez Mike, how old are ya anyway?!
I was 21 years old when I bought my brand new 1963 Belvedere MAX WEDGE ALUMINUM FRONT END car. Born in 1942 which, I guess, makes me 75. Still.racing. Went 10.170 @131.54 ony last race in.Nov. I am pre-entered for the MARCH MEET coming up next week...me and my 74-75-76-77 year old pals will.be there for 6 days....I got a motor home full of guys, plenty of food, etc to have a great time. There are 226 entries in my bracket class. I will be dialing in at around 10.12 or 10.13

race on mike , thats great to see that the racing life doesn't die off . ran my 63 at the reunion back in 2000 . it was my birthday weekend , just an exhbition class run against a blown alky bb chevy in a 50 chev pick up . just for fun . to run an nhra event on my 45 birthday was a present to myself . still have the car , building more motor for it .
63 sport fury mw frt lt.jpg

And NOW ya gotta rub in with the Ca. weather? Lol. Good luck in March.

yes its a sunny @ 50 degs today with an on shore breeze . keep the temp down . and this event has been rained out before , hope for clear with loffing clouds . we just had a day of rain , and my dads place got 6'' of fresh snow . so the weather is not done .

yes its a sunny @ 50 degs today with an on shore breeze . keep the temp down . and this event has been rained out before , hope for clear with loffing clouds . we just had a day of rain , and my dads place got 6'' of fresh snow . so the weather is not done .
Screw you guys,lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back