• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my garage rebuild

Thanks guys. I've been trying to get the @&*$ing electrician back to wire up my compressor since august. I'm going to install my RapidAir system this week (hopefully). Then I can get back to work on my car.

I am extremely envious of your garage I would KILL for a garage that nice

The electrician finally showed up a few weeks ago so, my compressor is up and running. I also got my Rapidair lines installed. And, my Christmas present arrived a few weeks ago:

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Now, if I could only find some time to work on the RR...

IMG_0737.jpg IMG_0731.jpg

A few updates; I’ve learned that compressor should not be run when temps are below 40 degrees. In an effort to keep my compressor running happy in the winter, I built an enclosure out of 2x3’s and insulated it. I’m using a piece of rigid insulation for the door. I also put an oil-filled space heater in there, as well. With this setup, I’ve seen temps inside the enclosure go from 31 degrees to 57 in approximately 1.5 hours. Not too bad. I’ll leave it like this until I can build something more permanent.

DA2B9FCF-664D-4172-8D0B-1DFA8B32C4F0.jpeg

I also came across a Moisture Minder that I bought about 5 years ago and completely forgot about. This can be set for time (in minutes) to go off and the duration (in seconds) that it releases. I have it plumbed into an empty washer machine detergent bottle inside a Homer bucket. I have the meter set to go off every 10 minutes for 4 seconds. I tested it out and it appears to do the job. This should help keep moisture out of my lines and tools. I may have to adjust the time/duration as I go. The Moisture Minder and space heater are both on a surge protector that I can shut off when I’m not using the compressor. I’ll also need to figure out a bracket so I can mount it to the wall.

21804FCF-E525-4F53-BFDB-950F1C8857A0.jpeg

8C95169D-56AC-454F-B001-083BC05D1F1C.jpeg

C43DD7EF-4A9A-4068-A328-1B116B1FB5B3.jpeg

“New” addition to the garage: Our old TV. It shuts off randomly though, I may need to replace it.

C3CE0E41-33FD-4AC4-AA7A-5CC9D8642996.jpeg

“New” addition to the garage: Our old TV. It shuts off randomly though, I may need to replace it.

View attachment 1086465
I have a Samsung that does the same thing, but it will turn itself back on after about 10 seconds.
I like the big screen TV's too but my old tube type in the shop is still holding on after 25 years! The new junk will never ever hit that kind of age.....and if anyone has a newer style one I'd like to hear what brand it is.

The new junk will never ever hit that kind of age.....and if anyone has a newer style one I'd like to hear what brand it is.

You'll have to wait a few years. I don't think LED flat screens have been around that long.

I’ve had this tv for a while. When it was about 2 yrs old, it started to get weird purple pixels showing up on the screen. A quick check on the internet and I learned that a run of Samsungs TVs made it through production with the wrong size (too small) capacitors. Samsung offered replacement for tv’s that were made during a certain time span. Of course, mine was made a month over the span and they wouldn’t replace it. I ended up watching a YouTube video on how to replace the capacitors and fixed it myself for about $7.00, the cost of new capacitors.

I’ve had this tv for a while. When it was about 2 yrs old, it started to get weird purple pixels showing up on the screen. A quick check on the internet and I learned that a run of Samsungs TVs made it through production with the wrong size (too small) capacitors. Samsung offered replacement for tv’s that were made during a certain time span. Of course, mine was made a month over the span and they wouldn’t replace it. I ended up watching a YouTube video on how to replace the capacitors and fixed it myself for about $7.00, the cost of new capacitors.
I absolutely hate Samsung products......

My daughter and I replaced the capacitors in our Samsung TV. Her fellow engineering students were amazed she fixed a TV.

I thought my wife was going to have a coronary when she got home from work and saw our $2000.00 tv in pieces sitting on a blanket on top of our kitchen island. :eek:

Auto Transport Service
Back