• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My God FedEx is worthless!!!!!!!

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I've had an FedEx account for almost 20 years now. Have watched their price go through the roof. Now I can't even get a shipping quote on line with these yahoos. Have always just needed zip codes but now their site wants addresses too. So I put in addresses too and still no response. Just spent almost an hour on the phone with them and no one knows way it won't work nor what to do. Their answer was to call them when I need a quote. I told them that I might as well close my account because I wasn't going to spend hours each week getting 30-50 quote on the phone when it used to take few minutes on line. WTF is wrong with people?
I quit using UPS years ago.
The shipping companies are KILLING this country.

I agree about FedEx. I ordered a new Mopar radiator for my 2005 Jeep Wrangler from rock auto. I checked my tracking and it indicated it was delivered. Tried to get in touch with FedEx and also emailed with them with no response. Had a neighbor 4 blocks away bring it to my house . Very grateful to him. FedEx sucks

Trucking is a one way plan, freight used to use rail and air. Your big carriers still have limited air freight, but railroads are being torn apart daily. There is no real 2 day Priority Mail, if they get it to you in a week they think they did great. Prices continue to rise and service declines. They charge what they want and don't give a crap about service.

Worthless bastards have a package of mine sitting in the same warehouse now for 6 days in a row. It get's scanned every night but evidently never makes it on to a truck. If they'd ever put it on a truck it would be here the same day. Finally got pissed and called only to get an indian on the phone who could barely speak english. Had another package a few weeks ago get shipped from the east coast to west coast. They must have transported it on a damn bicycle because it went through about 15 different hops before it finally got here. Nothing hazzardous either. I don't see how that could be cost efficient.

I've actually had pretty good luck with FedEx and USPS both over the years. FedEx has got really stupid with their prices but now I can't even get prices on lines. What really burns my *** is the level of stupidity with their representatives. It's like talking to a pile of rocks. I already lose around 50% of my sales because of shipping cost. Guess I'll loss another 50% with these butt munchers.

ShockedRectangularAmericanindianhorse-max-1mb.gif

They will get something from Texas to California in two days. Then take another two days to get it from their warehouse to my house, 4 miles away....QUITE lame.

Fed Ex lost a firearm I purchased for awhile. At first tracking showed everything to be hunky dory up until it arrived at our area depot. Then it just said whoops, delivery is going to be late and it would only say no new delivery date was scheduled. I made the shipper file a claim and then suddenly two weeks later they just dropped it off at my nearby gun store with no notice or anything. So far UPS seems to be doing a better job in our area.

The solution is to deliver and pick up packages yourself.
:rofl:

I need a shipper besides USPS for med. size packages. I ship the really big stuff via truck freight. Guess I'll look into opening an account with UPS. I can at least get quotes from them. I've just been using FedEx because I consider them to be the lesser of two evils.

Years ago, I did quite alot of shipping, mostly auto parts. I used UPS, and must say I had impeccable service. Now... Fed Ex .... that is the most useless bunch of idiots imaginable. In only a few instances, they have a breakage rate of almost 100 %... I NEVER USE FED EX. Period. Worst shipping company on the planet.

When did this lack of getting a shipping quote, online, start with you?
Been using their site the past few days, and all last week getting quotes.
Never a problem.
The FEDEX internet site i use has got to be the same one for you.
I have a FEDEX account too, been using them for decades, as their terminal is right down the street from me, here in my city.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/home.html

Thanks Jim. Maybe I'll try calling then again and see if I get a different tech support person. I girl I talked to today didn't have a clue and didn't give a crap either. Just burns my butt.

As timing would have it, this morning I sent my September 15, 2021 follow up email to the new (and latest of three) "Elevation Team Member" handling a dispute I've had going since May 11 -- over four months now! -- when the Ground division mistakenly picked up my Express shipment and no one at FedEx noticed until I called them five days later asking wtf they did with it.

Re-sending that email took three tries before it would even go through. The internal email security wouldn't let it get to the recipient so I had to delete my attachments and just copy-and-paste my entire letter into a new email. This latest "watch dog" on staff, like the first two, promised me yesterday that she was going to get to the bottom of it and get my customer at least a partial refund on the charge. I'm not holding my breath.

Re: Tracking No.: 8168 4817 3315
Account No.: 3978-0364-3
Confirmation No.: L-CR-38146428

Dear Katrice and Molly:

Per your separate requests, the following is a detailed description of the events and circumstances that initially prompted me to repeatedly contact FedEx on May 11, 2021 and eventually file my recent invoice dispute.

SUMMARY OF FACTS

1. FedEx was contracted in writing to transport two boxes from my business in Tennessee to my customer, Garry Kincaid in Indiana, on May 6, 2021.

2. FedEx misplaced both boxes in the shipment for 5 ½ days, commencing an internal investigation to locate them only as a result of my May 11, 2021 telephone calls.

3. FedEx’s own preprinted, personalized labels (Form ID Nos. 0215 & 0260) for my shop contain “invalid” tracking numbers per your automated system and every live account rep at 800-463-3339 that I was transferred to on May 11, 2021.

4. My account was charged for the cost of an Express Saver Shipment that in fact took 7 days to deliver to my customer.

5. The “Shipping Facts” contained in your system about this shipment are nothing but a sham and a complete fabrication.

BACKGROUND

I opened my shop on May 31, 2007 and have been an almost exclusive FedEx shipper since that time, relying solely on the FedEx Ground division to safely transport my custom powder coating metal work to customers all over the country. Since those customers are mainly motorheads rather than office workers, I most often use Home Delivery, an affordable option which generally gets my packages delivered to them within two or three days.

I have periodically been contacted by a few account representatives over the years, the most recent being Mary. She checks in occasionally, particularly after my volume increases, to offer rate discounts and her assistance. I appreciate the discounts (always passed on to my customers), but have never needed to purposely reach out to her in the past.

Initially preparing my two-box shipment to customer Garry Kincaid online and discovering belatedly that my printer was out of ink, I canceled the pickup -- since I could not print the labels -- and ordered ink. I was subsequently advised the ink was on backorder and would not ship immediately.

I have packages I need to ship out whether or not my printer functions. I used FedEx.com to order “old style” forms (Form ID No. 0215) which would allow me to handwrite the recipient’s address and package information on it and still keep my work flowing out the door until my printer ink arrived. The labels were beautifully printed and delivered within a couple days.

SHIPMENT

On May 5, 2021 I completed a Master form per the instructions (disappointed not to see the Home Delivery option) and filled out an accompanying Multi-Piece Shipment Label (Form ID No. 0260) for the second box, affixing each as instructed. I then called the toll free number saved in my phone and scheduled an Express pickup for May 6, 2021.

Between 9:00 and 9:15 a.m. on May 6, 2021, two females in a FedEx truck arrived at the back of my house where packages are always retrieved. From my game room window 12 feet above, I watched (though could not hear) as they walked under the carport. Each came out carrying a box. One went to the side door of the truck and the other to its rear. They talked briefly, pointing at the label on one of my boxes, loaded both of them into the truck, backed out and left the way they came.

Fully expecting Garry Kincaid to have received his boxes the preceding Saturday or Monday, I called him at 10:55 a.m. on May 11 to see if he was happy with my work. “They’re not here and that tracking number you gave me is bullshit.” I told him I’d check on it, hung up and immediately called FedEx.

I would have packed a sack lunch ahead of time if I knew what was in store for me next.

Between 10:57 a.m. and 3:17 p.m., I input my officially-issued FedEx tracking number into the automated system DOZENS OF TIMES, each eventually routing me to a live account representative after three repeats on my part, and all of whom declared it was “not a valid tracking number.” The MPS Label number was not valid either.

Raul was the first live rep. He listened patiently to what I told him and verified the number was “invalid.” He offered to start an investigation and put me on hold while he found the appropriate person to transfer me to. I listened to some music and a nice recording about FedEx Print Services when Jack picked up the line. Jack was in your Website Tech Support Division. (???) He had no idea what to do with me, tried to transfer to Customer Service and instead disconnected me after I waited on hold for more than ten minutes.

Dialing at 11:12, again repeating the process with the automated attendant three times and waiting for a few minutes, Daniel answered the call. He too listened, confirmed the invalidity of the tracking number, and tried to transfer me. After 8 minutes on hold listening to music and the self-serving commercial, “[tones amidst scratchy connection] We’re sorry. Your call did not go through. Please check the number and try your call again.” Then the automatic end-of-call FedEx Survey started! (Daniel got a “1” by the way.)

My next immediate call to FedEx was eventually answered by Alexa (?) at 11:22 a.m. Explaining my story once again, she interrupted often and was pretty rude overall. The thick Indian accent made it difficult to understand her. From what I could make out she insisted that she could do nothing without a valid tracking number, refused to start an investigation about where my boxes might be, did not have the phone number for my local terminal, and claimed that she was “not allowed” to transfer me to a supervisor without a valid tracking number. She also received a rating of “1” on the automated survey at the conclusion of our call when I hung up on HER.

By now I was so frustrated I called the corporate office in Memphis. Now with the tracking number memorized and embarking on my five-minute explanation of the issue for the fourth time, the receptionist kindly agreed that I had a problem and should speak with a supervisor. I waited on hold, listened to the music, heard about FedEx Printing Services again (and again), was frequently reminded how important my call was, and … after 59 minutes and 59 seconds, it hung up on me. I did not have the opportunity to complete the survey that time.

The only local number for FedEx in my telephone directory, 731-364-5828, connected me to Terry. He said he was in a different division (FedEx Freight) but would check around and see what he could find out for me.

Mary called about 1:30, though she didn’t tell me who had notified her. I explained the entire situation again and expressed my frustration at the lack of action. She seemed familiar enough with it already, and told me that she was still waiting to speak to the Dispatcher to find out who had picked up my boxes so she could learn what they did with them.

At that time Mary took it upon herself to log on to the system to see if my customer’s address had anything getting delivered; “It looks like his wife is getting a box from Chewy today but I see nothing from you here on the list.” She believed that “the wrong division picked them up” and promised to call again when she learned more.

At 2:46 p.m., Terry at FedEx Freight called me back to advise he had learned nothing about my shipment and had no idea who I should talk to. He too had no contact information for my local FedEx terminal where I presumed my boxes went after they were picked up.

At 3:04 p.m., Mary called with the news that my boxes had been found on a loading dock. She didn’t say where, and I didn’t ask – I was just ultimately relieved they had been located and were safe. She relayed that the Express Division had already been dispatched, was set to pick them up at or by 5:00 p.m. that day (May 11), and that my customer should receive his packages by Friday. I called my customer and conveyed what I had learned.

At 3:11 p.m., I got a call from “Blake at the terminal.” He said he had returned to his desk to find a note with my name and phone number on it so he called me. I again explained that my shipment retrieved by FedEx on May 6 had apparently been lost but was just found within the last few minutes on a loading dock per Mary. Blake had no idea who Mary was, and indicated that her information was mostly though not totally accurate. “I’m looking at your boxes right now. Express will have them by today at 5:00.” He shared that it was “the perfect storm of screw ups” – the Ground Division had picked up boxes set for the Express Division which apparently happens frequently enough that they swap boxes at the end of the work day. HOWEVER, NO ONE FROM THE EXPRESS DIVISION HAD BEEN THERE SINCE AT LEAST MAY 5, 2021, and no one from either division had bothered to follow through to ensure that my shipment progressed as it should.

My customer eventually received his Express Saver boxes about 10:20 on the morning of May 13, 2021, a full seven days after they were picked up at my shop by FedEx.

INVOICE DISPUTE

Last Sunday I received an email advising I had paid FedEx $87.24 for Garry Kincaid’s Express Shipment with my company debit card. I looked at My Account in the Billing Portal on FedEx.com and saved a screen shot of the so-called “Shipping Facts” concerning these parcels. I can no longer access that page since the invoice was paid. It now shows this, putting patently false information into the records for the second time: [screen shot of billing "facts"]

ARGUMENT

If in fact the “Ship Date” was indeed May 11, 2021 -- as reflected then and now by FedEx’s own internal documentation -- why would any customer have devoted 4 ½ HOURS earlier on that same day to countless telephone calls trying to get someone to track it down when it was supposedly not yet even in FedEx’s possession???

A casual review of your own call center records will show that I made multiple attempts with identified individuals from 731-613-9192 on May 11, 2021 to discover what happened to the parcels I faithfully entrusted to my favorite shipping company more than five days before.

It was only AS A RESULT OF my calls that someone even bothered to look for them! How long would my customer have been kept waiting if I had not?

Phoenix Specialty Coatings entered into a contract with FedEx to transport two boxes from Tennessee to Indiana under Express Saver terms on May 6, 2021. FedEx’s own previously issued tracking numbers -- on its own self-printed forms -- resulted in unverifiable information and untraceable parcels, rendering that contract defective on its face and unenforceable by any court of law. He and I did nothing wrong, yet my customer through my company is paying the same price as if FedEx had fully performed its obligations rather than a completely substandard service. A complete refund of all charges is appropriate.

RANDOM CUSTOMER OBSERVATIONS

No one at FedEx gives customers their surnames and yet trying to reconnect with anyone at your company via the directory requires it. Further, no one seems to know anyone else who works there, even those in the same department. It’s almost comical how hard you seem to try to keep customers and customer service agents – and especially supervisors -- separated. In fact, the ONLY thing I have ever been able to say to the automated attendant that immediately connected me to a ringing telephone was the words “Returning your call,” when you called me on May 18.

It took twelve days to actually speak with a supervisor, conduct absolutely mind-boggling in this day and age. The fact it's now taken over four months for your "internal investigation" to occur without any actual result either way is despicable.

Every in-office telephone transfer to someone else resulted in a disconnected call and redial attempt … except for poor Jack in Web Tech Support who is probably still wondering why Daniel transferred me in the first place.

I am happy my printer ink finally arrived yesterday because there isn’t a snowball’s chance in Hell that I will ever be using any of those Form 0215 labels ever again.

It is sad that I had to ultimately speak with ten people at FedEx [now 14!] to finally get to the bottom of my first problem including the seven I mentioned earlier, and most recently you, Katrice Kelly, Yolanda and Paula in the meantime.

The Home Delivery option would have cost less than half of what I was charged and would have gotten to my customer in two days but it was not on the form. What's saddest yet is that he and I could have each hopped into our cars, driven two hours and met in person in order to deliver his packages cheaper and faster than FedEx could.

It is absolutely remarkable that my long-term account representative Mary is no longer in that position, coincidentally and suddenly “reassigned” just after I have my very first problem in many years as a FedEx small business customer. She and you, Katrice, and Blake at some terminal have been the only honest, forthcoming ones who seem to actually care and hope to keep me on board as a customer. The others just want to pass me off to someone else.

Billy and I watched “Cast Away” again a few nights ago. I had to wonder what Tom Hanks would have done with my custom small block Mopar intake manifold and valve covers. Sure, the intake was 24 pounds but the volume of packing peanuts I had in there would have floated Titanic for at least a week.

IMG_1033.JPG

A customer’s time is actually more valuable than anyone’s at FedEx. If it was not for customers generating products and documents requiring transport, FedEx would have nothing to do.

I have devoted more hours to this between May 11 and today in follow up calls and typing up this description of my experience than should have been required, time that could and rightfully SHOULD have been devoted to my own customers while earning my hourly rate. It may seem like overkill for going to such efforts over less than one hundred dollars, but great customer service is one of the reasons I celebrate my shop’s fourteenth anniversary on May 31, a reputation that did not come lightly or for no reason. If just one person at FedEx takes the time to read, digest and understand my position about a sole incident in the course of a random work day and becomes a better FedEx employee as a result, then it will all have been worth it. I’d love to see this get circulated to your entire global staff but know that’s unfeasible.

RELIEF REQUESTED

I hope the time I’ve devoted to this opens many eyes at FedEx and lets all realize how your “system” failed a dedicated customer in many more ways than one. It needs improvement, especially the auto attendant service. It would also be amazing if you could hire phone representatives who call English their primary language.

A full investigation into the real occurrences between May 6 and May 11 when my parcels were finally located must be undertaken, followed up on and learned from at every Ground and Express Division terminal under your umbrella.

It should not be this hard to get someone to do their job.

Finally, I trust that all charges as a result of FedEx’s patent mishandling of my two packages be refunded in full to my bank account immediately.

I look forward to hearing back from you in due course. Thank you for your past and future assistance.

Sincerely,

Leanna L. Johnson
Owner/Operator

Different country, different company....but these pics are of a box (well packed & padded by seller) of packets of quality chocolates I ordered for my wife's birthday earlier this year.....the Courier Company obviously needed some football practice, and took it out on my package. I complained bitterly, and apparently this wasn't the first complaint.....that Courier has since lost the contract to move the Chocolate factory goods.

upload_2021-9-17_12-45-15.jpeg

upload_2021-9-17_12-45-27.jpeg

The box had been so violently thrown around and kicked, that the chocolates had shattered and lost a lot of the detailed sprinkles and edges that they are known for. Tasted fine but that's not the issue.

UPS says that packing peanuts are not an acceptable packing material but the UPS Stores here use it to pack your items. Too funny.

The insurance regulations specify that all shipments must contain "at least 3 inches of collapsible materials on all sides of the item being shipped." The box transporting the item must also bear a Crush Weight Label showing that the box is sturdy enough for the weight of the items inside.

I've never used a pack-and-ship place like The UPS Store. Shipping costs are high enough already and aren't coming down. It's killing me too Mark.

Auto Transport Service
Back