• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Half *** Resto Mod Thread

70ChargerRT

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had my old Charger for about 20 years now. The pic with the guy in it was when I went to pick it up, that’s my first cousin and the car was painted F8, original F4 paint. The car is a real RT late build of 6-28. It was an original Longitudinal stripe car. Does have the original fender tag and no broadcast sheet, the original block had a hole the size of Texas. A list of few options on it was J-45, V-21, G-36 dual painted racing mirrors, it did have holes in the original deck lid but I can’t officially confirm it was a Go-wing car, signs of having the lighting packing but some stuff was missing and the original dash harness was a mess and can’t confirm that either, console auto car, no ac. The car has its original, fenders, hood, grill and door. Still has the 489 suregrip, may go to a Dana one of these days. Floor was pretty solid, did a little patching up front. It had a 2 piece trunk put it in the 90,s and the guy did a pretty good job but I had to dress it up a bit. I put NOS quarters in it I had bought years ago and had a little accident right after I replaced and had to cut a little piece above the drivers side tire and replace it. New trunk, extensions, valance corners, AMD deck lid and tail light panel and valance. Everything else is is brand new or has been sent off. A few list of stuff I have done is a T-56 Magnum, hydraulic clutch, Dakota gauges, Qa1 upper and lower CA, strut rod, PST 1.03 T- Bars, 1 1/8 Hellwig front Sway Arm, 11/16 tie rods, Baer 13” brakes, rear 7/8 Hellwig Sway arm, Borgeson PS, Viking Dual adjustable shocks, it’s complete 440 Roller Motor, now a Holley Sniper X-Flo, Be Cool Cooling system with E-Fans, Vintage air, dual power seats, I know I’m missing some stuff. I’m just going to do a picture dump. I’ve lost a lot pics along the way. I’ll try to keep things updated as I move along. I’m just always buying for time and sometimes just don’t take any pics.

000FE54D-7E11-4D35-9775-9171DE337D9C.jpeg

E8C85194-5158-421C-ABFF-8F3F05B9C594.jpeg

9F57FC71-FD97-4590-BDBE-52F54982016E.jpeg

D1FAFA2A-3D12-4500-8806-C8E24327F877.jpeg

8B074450-AE23-4B72-87A7-60C69ECA8202.jpeg

81684E47-A73A-4D37-AC35-22520F7D4224.jpeg

CBAB25DB-2370-4B5E-B53A-47D6665061FB.jpeg

8DB02AA7-F04F-4FB4-89F7-23A59BEAB954.jpeg

2881EFB7-FEEA-4AFF-B919-1C4FAE462A8F.jpeg

Last edited:
Good job, whats sets did you go with i see the picture but may have missed your call out to them.

Nice work there, looks great! Thanks for posting, I'm in the middle of a project and taking pics but so swamped with other work I haven't had much time to post 'em up. Will get around to it later though.

Glad to see you are taking care to protect the backsides of the panels. Many neglect that part.

Looks great to me! I really like that color. Imo I would stick with the 8 and 3/4 unless it was originally a Dana 60. It's nice to be able to change the gearing, it only takes about an hour on those. Unless of course you're going original and it came equipped with a 9 and 3/4, they are really heavy if you want to race it.

As you can tell from the picture to the left, I love the FF4 green also. Mine was originally FF4, but in terrible condition. I stripped it to bare metal and had the Pros address the prior body damage and repaint with epoxy primer, then ppg paint and clear. A photo of the car the day I dropped it off at the body shop.
IMG_0746.JPG

Good job, whats sets did you go with i see the picture but may have missed your call out to them.
VW CC seats. I used Legendary 70 Charger seat material and tried to mimic somewhat the original 70 seats.

Nice work there, looks great! Thanks for posting, I'm in the middle of a project and taking pics but so swamped with other work I haven't had much time to post 'em up. Will get around to it later though.
Thanks!!! This car has been setting the last 5 years with a hardly anything done because of a job, we went to 5 days a week early this year and I’m trying to knock it our. I’m only home on the weekends so every minute is important to me.

Looks great to me! I really like that color. Imo I would stick with the 8 and 3/4 unless it was originally a Dana 60. It's nice to be able to change the gearing, it only takes about an hour on those. Unless of course you're going original and it came equipped with a 9 and 3/4, they are really heavy if you want to race it.
I’ve had several people tell me that.

Auto Transport Service
Back