• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My health condition I would like to share

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Well not sure where to begin. So her it is flat out I just got a heart transplant on Thursday! It started with a genetic disorder in my family that my mom had. Lost her when I was 9. I was diagnosed and started getting sick at 21 but pushed as long as I could for many years. Engineering school two daughters a masters degree and long career as an RF design engineer. Restoration of a 71 big block roadster corvette I could go on but unfortunately my heart has been failing for way over 10 years. The last year was rough as I was working 7 days a week on a design for AF1. This put a real toll on my health.

Anyway I got my back surgery on Wednesday and right after that I got the call that there was a heart here at Mayo Clinic for me where I was listed. Wife and I dropped everything and did the Nike thing and just did it! I am doing well with recovery actually and hope to get home next week!

Going to be a long haul to get back to the car but I already want to get back to it now lol. Thats why I got it the car. I saw the potential I need to wrench on it. I need to mold it and make it mine. Well thats my update my short story about me and what drives me. Thanks for letting me share this with you guys! Hope you all have a great holiday! I have my true holiday gift.....the gift of life!

The marvels of medical science! The car project will be great therapy for your recovery. You have a great attitude. Thank you for sharing.

Good luck to you my friemd. I am waiting for the call for both lungs myself. Will be a big lifestyle change for sure. Prayers to you and your family.

Wow....Your story reminded me of my Dad...He had a Ford Aerostar van that was nearing the end of the warranty so he took it into the dealership where he worked and had EVERYTHING fixed that was wrong or could go wrong.
Now you'll have a fresh heart, a good back and feel like a lion ready to roar! Good for you, Sir.

:bananadance:

Modern medicine!blessed you are and just a reminder to everyone this happens here in the greatest nation. Might not be possible if we get National Healthcare. This man and his family are blessed.

Cheers! Keep the blood pressure down, worry about car later.

Going to be a long haul to get back to the car but I already want to get back to it now lol. Thats why I got it the car. I saw the potential I need to wrench on it. I need to mold it and make it mine. Well thats my update my short story about me and what drives me. Thanks for letting me share this with you guys! Hope you all have a great holiday! I have my true holiday gift.....the gift of life!
Awesome news indeed! I got stories to swap with you (cancer 4x) but dang, man, I think you got me covered.
Whereas they've taken a few parts outta me, they've been busy adding good ones to you and that's great. :)

You're right about the car by the way - mine has turned into the best therapy possible, giving me something to occupy my mind/time when I couldn't physically work on it - and of course, a great hobby to work on when I could.
It became a mechanical symbol of sorts - the car got better as I did.
I wanted the car done before I was done. Mission accomplished.

I'll look forward to seeing yours done soon as well. :thumbsup:

Worry not - you’re truly in Gods hands and care. Thank you for sharing your story. It’s a compelling one indeed.

Wow, never knew what the medical issues were that you mentioned since we met where. I am so happy your doing well. Speedy recovery Ron, a few prayers coming your way!

God Bless you and the Donor too! All the best. My back surgery pales by comparison.
Take care.

Glad you made it this far, keep the faith.

God Bless you and hope you have a speedy recovery. A former boss of mine had both lungs and a heart transplant all at once and is doing well. You do the same please! Keep da faith, the car will wait!
:thumbsup:

You have been lucky this week! Congrats! Hang in there and recooperate. Then you can get back with the car project later.

Well not sure where to begin. So her it is flat out I just got a heart transplant on Thursday! It started with a genetic disorder in my family that my mom had. Lost her when I was 9. I was diagnosed and started getting sick at 21 but pushed as long as I could for many years. Engineering school two daughters a masters degree and long career as an RF design engineer. Restoration of a 71 big block roadster corvette I could go on but unfortunately my heart has been failing for way over 10 years. The last year was rough as I was working 7 days a week on a design for AF1. This put a real toll on my health.

Anyway I got my back surgery on Wednesday and right after that I got the call that there was a heart here at Mayo Clinic for me where I was listed. Wife and I dropped everything and did the Nike thing and just did it! I am doing well with recovery actually and hope to get home next week!

Take good care of you...big hugs from Finland

As stated “science” 3 days after a heart transplant your here on the FBBO! Even feeling up to it is incredible!
Godspeed on your recovery!

Auto Transport Service
Back