• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My heart is still with Chevy

M454BGS

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I´ve been Chevyman from late 80´s but my two brothers and brother-in-law are Moparmen. I sold my last Chevy 10 years ago because my son was so afraid of hard loud sound cars and I had not time and interest to do anything with it.
On the other hand, my two brothers have owned -70 Monaco for more than 20 years but it was negledled badly and left for it´s own under the tree. It´s body rot very badly over the years and nobody wanted to fix it. Only good thing there was 440, TF727+ 8 3/4 3.23 posi 489. Done trans and engine with high low end tq.
Fortunately, I´m familiar with Mopar engines and trans´s, thanks to my brothers and other friends.
The final nail in the coffin was when my son told me he has found the body for Monaco´s powertrain: -74 Coronet
So, that´s why I´m here -74 Coronet, 440,727,489. I try get use to it

Welcome aboard.... sometimes it takes a while when you ascend into a better place. ( but, I gotta ask you... would you introduce yourself to your new girlfriend by telling her you're still in love with your ex-wife ? ) Nevertheless... happy to have you with the best cars and the best people in the automobile world !

We US-cars enthutiats here in Finland , far away in Scandinavia, near Russia, and Europe, we are a like family. We don´t care so much what US-car you have. The enthutiasm with US-cars is what we love and why we all are friends together

I love all the old classics myself. Something about Plymouths I'm crazy about though lol.

From NY in the good ole' US of A, greetings and welcome to FBBO!

Any pics to share of that '74 Coronet?

Only good thing there was 440, TF727+ 8 3/4 3.23 posi 489.

Since when did Mopar ever install "posi's" on their cars????
Fortunately, I´m familiar with Mopar engines and trans´s, thanks to my brothers and other friends.
Unfortunately, you need some serious learning on differentials!!!!!

Hi,
here´s

25a2aff9-463d-4b2d-a694-82f21246e8fe.jpg

Since when did Mopar ever install "posi's" on their cars????

Unfortunately, you need some serious learning on differentials!!!!!
Sorry if I don´tknow the right terms. Hopefully you can give me some lessons about the differentials

Replace “posi” in your vocabulary with “sure-grip”.

There’s your first lesson - and it’s free lol

Late 80´s to early 90´s we were poor country boys with some f*g US-cars. All the others some freaks around us made nogo-tunnelram-highdegcams. We try to make some decent lowrpmtq+lowmlg cars for drinking beer

Welcome. My whole Family are GM freaks and retired employees and also with a few FoMoCo retired employees. I help work on most of my friends with Chevrolets, Fords, Amc's, Buick's and Olds etc. However, I am the only Mopar fanatic in my family, but a couple of my kids are coming around also.

Welcome: That car actually looks pretty cool. I could see lowering it a bit, make it handler. Sort of an upgraded Police Interceptor if you will.

I was also a Chevy man in the 1980's. Tried and true. I still own some newer Chevys but always wanted a 1969 charger.

The guys here don't seem to care what you had. A great group!

We US-cars enthutiats here in Finland , far away in Scandinavia, near Russia, and Europe, we are a like family. We don´t care so much what US-car you have. The enthutiasm with US-cars is what we love and why we all are friends together
I am always amazed how much Europeans love classic American cars. Many of us, such as myself, know nothing about classic cars in Europe.

Auto Transport Service
Back