• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My latest Schwinn Stingray project.

chargervert

Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
I am working on my latest Schwinn Stingray project. So far I added the springer front forks,and actual Schwinn Predator mag wheels!
20181226_210250.jpg
20181226_210235.jpg

I've not seen mags on one.

I like it!

rear caliper brakes...

freewheel?

I still have to do the brakes on the grape one,the yellow one has hand pull front brakes and suicide rear brakes.

Those wheels don't look right to me, needs spoke wheels, and a fat flat wide tire in the back!

I have the slick on the grape one,and I plan to add the slick to the yellow one. I may also put fenders on the yellow one.

I love the bikes, I had something similar as a kid in the early 60s. Never saw mags though.

I try to go outside the box with some of my Stingray builds. My Lime Peeler is half of a 70 Fastback,and half an OCC Stingray. Lots of fabrication went into this one' Its painted Mopar Sublime.

Nice bikes! You need to get working on the LRE truck. :poke:

About two years ago,I had the LRT almost roadworthy again,and the alternator gauge caught fire,so I have to pull the dash and wire up a Voltmeter conversion.

I also have a Grey Ghost clone that I am working on. I cannot believe how much money they are getting for original Grey Ghost Schwinn Stingrays these days. They are in the 2k
20170512_180521.jpg
20170512_180933.jpg
20170512_180612.jpg
to 5 k range depending on the condition. 20170512_180933.jpg

Nice to see another ghost, my parents bought me one new. I remember it being all chrome.
I have told others about it and they say they never made that model, kinda like old cars, never say never.

Auto Transport Service
Back