• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New 1978 Cordoba 400, T-Tops

BillyRay59

Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Well, I was lucky to end up with it.

WIW, 1978 Cordoba 400 auto T top car

IMG_3068.jpg

Cool car , I was real interested . But never got what I felt were quality pics .
Plus he said was waiting on material to have the seats done. Did that happen

Nice.

Now I want one.

Congratulations

Great looking car, I was drooling when it was discussed in the previous thread.
I bought a T top Magnum in 2021 and have been having a lot of fun with it! You don’t see many late Bs anymore and my Magnum often seems to get more attention at shows than my Challengers!

Neat car, good colours and a big block is a necessity IMO.

Is that a factory CB?

Yes. Only did the driver's seat.

View attachment 1431741
Thanks for the reply, I was afraid they were only doing the one seat . And wouldnt match the rest well enough for my tastes.
And the guy ghosted on me when i told him to let me know when it was actually avail. Then never heard anything back

I wanted the car bad

Thanks for the reply, I was afraid they were only doing the one seat . And wouldnt match the rest well enough for my tastes.
And the guy ghosted on me when i told him to let me know when it was actually avail. Then never heard anything back

I wanted the car bad
Sorry that he never got back to you. I called him and he said it was available, but it was going to the trim shop. I told him I wanted it and we started the process right away. Took a week in the trim shop and then a couple days to ship from Georgia to Michigan. Needs a lot of TLC, electrical work, exhaust, has a small coolant leak. Trunk was jimmied at one time and is bent. The car looked better in the pictures, but overall, I'm very happy with it. I cruised in it today in 43 degrees but no heat; the heater hoses are plugged with bolts and the water valve was in the trunk. Everything on the car is fixable.

The car looked better in the pictures, but overall, I'm very happy with it.
Im happy for you.

But without seeing it in person,,,,,,This is EXACTLY why I hesitated. And Im 2000 miles away.
He told me not to trust it to drive it home to AZ. That told me I had to see it in person to make that decision.

But it would have been the perfect garage mate for my 66 , and with the T tops and factory big block car was a huge bonus points.

But all is well, Glad it went to a good home

Im happy for you.

But without seeing it in person,,,,,,This is EXACTLY why I hesitated. And Im 2000 miles away.
He told me not to trust it to drive it home to AZ. That told me I had to see it in person to make that decision.

But it would have been the perfect garage mate for my 66 , and with the T tops and factory big block car was a huge bonus points.

But all is well, Glad it went to a good home
Thank you! I was kinda scared to buy it based on the pictures, and he is a flipper, but for the same reasons (T-Tops, big block), I went for it. I would not have driven it 2000 miles. Shoot, it blew the alt belt today and started leaking antifreeze. The dash and interior lights do not work. Like I said before, it needs some TLC. I'm 64 and getting back into the Mopar hobby, I have no other cars. This is my retirement car, my last hurrah so to speak.

That would have been the one of the koolest Mopars you could get that year. The other being the Little Red Truck. I’d rather the B body… with a big block! :D

Does it have AC? Sounds like the heater core may be bad. PITA to find one for an AC car. When I was looking for one for my '77 Cordoba I purchased the last NOS one in the Chrysler parts system from a dealer in Nebraska. Congrats and good luck!

Does it have AC? Sounds like the heater core may be bad. PITA to find one for an AC car. When I was looking for one for my '77 Cordoba I purchased the last NOS one in the Chrysler parts system from a dealer in Nebraska. Congrats and good luck!
Yes, an AC car. Thanks for the heads up, hope I can find one.

Auto Transport Service
Back