• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new ride...64 Super Stock Dodge.

JKLNHYDE

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello all. I figured i would post a few pictures of my new ride; 1964 Dodge Super Stock hardtop. Some of you might recognize it as Marvin Hughes/Otis Chandlers old car. I'm very pleased with it; but to get it I had to let go of something very special, 66 Hemi Belvedere II Convertible. It wasn't an easy decision, but the new owner of my car is very pleased as well, and the car went to a great home. I want to thank everyone in advance for all the help I have received thus far from this site. The pictures aren't the best but that's all I have for now.
395662421.jpg

Had to be tough to let go of that awesome 66 hemi, but you picked up another great one. Car looks beautiful. If that's your garage you've got one heck of a view!

I love it !!! Ron

i have seen that car on the net before that car is awesome i think you got the better end of the deal in my opinion 64 s/s dodge hemi hardtop rare rare rare i would say seen a 1980s something video on youtube of it that cars very awesome congrats.

i have seen that car on the net before that car is awesome i think you got the better end of the deal in my opinion 64 s/s dodge hemi hardtop rare rare rare i would say seen a 1980s something video on youtube of it that cars very awesome congrats.
I honestly have to say, it was equally fair for both of us. The Belvedere
was a 100 point car, and I rarely give myself credit but that car was beyond perfect. Every piece of trim was nos, everything was date coded correct, fit & finish was impeccable,and the motor was done to a high standard internally, built by Mike Bonsanti from HP motors,(FAST engine builder). The SS Dodge is a rare bird no doubt but the Belvedere was extremely rare as well 1 of 6. The SS is in very good shape, older resto showing it's age but still a cool ride. For the current owner of the Belvedere & myself it was the perfect deal. We both got what we wanted at this stage of our lives and both owners are EXTREMELY happy! That to me is the most important part of the Hobby! It's not always a value thing, it's a love for old cars, plain & simple.

JKLNHYDE,
Good to see the car in circulation again !! Marvin would be proud.

Did you know that Marvin also had a light metallic blue 66 Belvedere ll Hemi
convert back in the 80's?

I have the original Car Craft magazine from Aug. 1984 that they featured Marvin and Joan in and also an article by Lynne Ferguson on the history of the car.

Marvin1.jpg

I've never seen a 64 Hemi hardtop. Anyone know how many were produced?

JKLNHYDE,
Good to see the car in circulation again !! Marvin would be proud.

Did you know that Marvin also had a light metallic blue 66 Belvedere ll Hemi
convert back in the 80's?

I have the original Car Craft magazine from Aug. 1984 that they featured Marvin and Joan in and also an article by Lynne Ferguson on the history of the car.

Marvin1.jpg

How ironic!! Great minds think a like! LOL
Thank you for the kind words, and yes I will drive this car like I drive all my others...no trailers for me. My plan is to sort the car out and put the 12.5 to 1 pistons back in the car, years ago it was lowered for driveabiltiy. I dont mind mixing race gas and IMO the car should run true to it's heritage.

P.S. I would love to get a copy of that article, can you email it? [email protected]

I will make better copies of it and send them to you. I will also send you some of the car at Otis Chandlers collection.

Just a hint ........... it is one of NONE. All Hemi Super Stock cars were
supposed to be 2 dr. sedans. This car was actually ordered to be a Max Wedge car but since the MW production stopped at the time it was scheduled to be built, they asked Lynn if he would take a Hemi.

Hemi-1.gif

Hemi-21.gif

Hemi-3-1.gif

Always loved that car. Good luck with it.
SS Hemis are my passion as you know.
I wonder what the jetting is set for on it. I know the correct jests for our altitude. Its critical in Holley 770's

I honestly have to say, it was equally fair for both of us. The Belvedere
was a 100 point car, and I rarely give myself credit but that car was beyond perfect. Every piece of trim was nos, everything was date coded correct, fit & finish was impeccable,and the motor was done to a high standard internally, built by Mike Bonsanti from HP motors,(FAST engine builder). The SS Dodge is a rare bird no doubt but the Belvedere was extremely rare as well 1 of 6. The SS is in very good shape, older resto showing it's age but still a cool ride. For the current owner of the Belvedere & myself it was the perfect deal. We both got what we wanted at this stage of our lives and both owners are EXTREMELY happy! That to me is the most important part of the Hobby! It's not always a value thing, it's a love for old cars, plain & simple.

For me personally I would rather have the car you currently have over the 100 point Hemi convert. That is a trailer queen that likely does not get driven because of it. The new car with the older resto is perfect as a respectable driver/racer that you can have some FUN with. As for the convertible aspect, buy a motorcycle that is the ULTIMATE convertible if you want to have in the face driving.

Auto Transport Service
Back