• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new shop.

northerndave

Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Well, we FINALLY broke ground up here in far northern MN for my new shop, which will be my new place of work once the shop is finished.

It's just a dirt site at the moment but I guess that's what they all start out as.

Coring the site last Friday.

IMG_8234_zpse6890526.jpg

10 loads of class 5 gravel (for starters) will go under the concrete slab.

IMG_9894_zps3c7db9dd.jpg

IMG_2626_zpsb3781d1f.jpg

I really hope this project starts picking up some speed soon.

I'm going bonkers, like a caged animal.

:blob8:

they all seem to start slow and take long but it will be over and you will find out it should of been bigger :headbang:

Holy cow!
Sweet!

And...Impressive.
That is a BIG LOT!

PS: May I aslk what your "operating budget is" ?

You can.... But I might not answer in open forum, lol.

:eek:

I'll PM you a rough number.

The foundation work seems to always go slow but once the concrete has set, the rest goes much faster but then the utilities seem to really drag out. Probably because you can see it almost ready to use but can't yet because the electricity isn't finished yet or the door ain't up yet. My place is only 1500 sq ft but after the concrete work was done (I helped on that too), dad and I built the whole structure by ourselves and that included a 'simi' truss roof built on site. Another guy was supposed to help but he never showed up. Oh well. We did this back in 84 and put about 12k into it back then. Hate to see what that would cost now! Concrete back then was up at 50 bucks a yard and now it's 100 bucks and lumber is out of sight! Wish I could have built a lot bigger and with steel but deed restrictions said no and I was already pushing them....

I'm very lucky in the way that we are out in the country and our township has no zoning rules, they don't even require a building permit!

But I'm not very lucky on the price of the project.

Doesn't matter, it all pencils out and we're very excited to see how well we can make it work.

Looking good, should be good weather now too.

Paint booth. Office. Lift. Lucky!!

Where are you putting your compressor?

I don't know if you are pouring rat walls but on my pole barn 40 X 40 (no rat wall) 8 inch floors there are cracks from ground hogs digging tunnels under the foundationcausing some shifting of the floor. Good thing I have plenty of 22 shells to pick them off when I see them. Your plans look great for the shop.

Looks great....congrats.

What kind of heat are you installing?
Have you considered boiler system for hot water in the floor.

Nice Dave, you have worked hard and deserve it.

Keep up the good work!

Your shop isn't big enough until you can stand in one end and look toward the other end and see the curve of the earth. Just as well have them take it to a 100' x 200' while they're at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back