• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my old 66 dodge restored pick up

hemi#1

Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
I restored a 66 dodge 200 pick up in 2001 I painted it red because a very close friend did gold leaf ( last truck he did before he was killed in a car accident) and we turned it into a grass fire truck. but in 08 the big D happened and the truck was donated to a fire dept. the caretaker let it go. rain, snow for the last 6 yrs.in disrepair it just sold today at Mecum. he put it his own name and I am devastated it went for good money but the fire dept. got screwed and me also the truck was restored and it had a 315 c.I. hemi in it. I just wanted to vent a little It sold today lot j 130 at Mecum Kissimee Fla. thanks guys

Nice truck, sorry it was lost to somebody. Did you know the guy that essentially stole it from the fire department? Was the department near you? How did the 315 fit in the Sweptline anyway?

yes I did. I donated the truck and got a receipt from the exempts their letter head. the guy was an official of the exempts. the new president of the exempts is thinking of putting up on charges. kind of like horse theft here in TX. you will be shot for something that down here

I'd think that would be fraud or embezzlement

Can someone share a link or picture of the truck being discussed?

Very nice Hemi#1. Shame about the story.

FL0115-201462_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now I feel bad too. I used to have a truck very similar 66 step side Slant Six 4 speed granny low.

Hemi you where going to try and buy it ...how did that go?

not good I had on ebay back in 08 and it was in great shape and it only got up to $2750. so I may have gone to 4000.00 but it went for $12,000.00

Auto Transport Service
Back