• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My old drag car won last night

cbodybob

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
FFAE0EA0-EA74-495D-9986-E51EF7B3317B.jpeg
0B223F88-0FA7-4DAF-AC27-9981F5534E10.jpeg
76EE7C26-A70C-4F5F-9B0A-ED8230E5CD0E.jpeg
Around 10 pm last night I got a text msg from Allen Spence that he was down to three cars. Excited as heck for him. I stayed up waiting, hoping & at 12:30 another text. He had won his first ever drag race driving my old 69 Plymouth Satellite. I bought the car out of a local junkyard in August of 86. I think I was 22/23 years old. Just a kid. Got it fixed up & drove it on the street 3/4 years when I could afford to put gas in it. Got busy with the career thing & life. 3 moves & the car was put in storage for a decade. Built a shop & brought the car home & decided I wanted to go drag racing with it. Turned in to a drag car. Took another job that required a move so car back in storage & never raced. Built another shop. Brought the car home this time determined to get it on the track. Finally did. Raced it about 9 years picking up two wins & 3 runner ups. Several top 10 points finishes. I got bored with the car & wanted something else so like a numbskull I sold to Allen Spence from Mississippi on Facebook marketplace. Allen also busy with career & traveling working as a rep for Kawasaki didn’t get out much with the car. The engine wiped a cam so he built a LA 360 for it. A few outings last year & this year. Told me the car was good just needed some seat time. Well Saturday night it all came together for him. And both of his sons were there to see it. Allen is Mopar through & through. So fellas join me in congratulating Allen on his first ever win in a cool ole car that was saved from the crusher. First pic is my first win ever also & in this car way back in 2008. Second pic is Allen the day he bought the car from me & third is the latest taken last night of Allen in victory lane at his home track

Last edited:
thats cool, great history for that car.....should be called junk yard dog

Nice story about the car and it's history. Great to see it's still making runs all these years later! 440'

cool to see an old car win something
even when you don't own it anymore

congrats to the new owner too

Great looking car. That first win is sure something special. Takes a while to learn how to win, but much easier after that first one.

Auto Transport Service
Back