• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Slant Six

RustyRatRod

Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
I thought I had posted pics of this here once, but I cannot find them now. This is my slant six project. Going in a 63 Dart 2 door sedan. I WAS going to hack out the floor and put a 4 speed in it but I cannot bring myself to do it. So, I am keeping it a three on the tree with a shag nasty long rod 225. Anyway, here is my ported head. Probably only a few like it in the world. Jerry Killian who owns Killians porting service turned it into the artwork it is. Like an idiot, I am forging ahead with all three of my projects. lol

SLANT HEAD 1.jpg SLANT HEAD2.jpg SLANT HEAD3.jpg SLANT HEAD4.jpg

Hey rusty, glad to see you are keeping it real. Nice shiny head.

That's a about a 1200 dollar shiny slant head. LOL I know.....most people are like "what a dumbass"

subscribed! cant wait to see the *ahem* LEANING TOWER OF POWER come to life!!

Well, it's goin together with the KB239 non turbo 2.2 4 cylinder Chrysler pistons. They just happen to have the correct pin height to make the 198 slant six rods work. Those rods are 7.005" long. Also, the STD bore for the 2.2 is only .045 over for the slant, PLUS the valve reliefs are even in the correct orientation AND the pin diameter and length are the same. My static compression is gonna be somewhere north of 10:1 <rolls eyes> so I HOPE my little solid .480/230 @.050 on a 105 LSA cam is gonna bleed of some. lol What I'll probably end up with is a slant that runs on a race gas mix....unless I can find a thick head gasket. It'll be fun in any event. The reason I kinda came back to life on this is because I FINALLY found somebody who can provide shims to space my rocker shaft closer to the valve springs to correct the geometry of using the longer 318 valves. Oh happy day.

The piston combo is just brilliant! Never heard of this and bonus points to whoever came up with that! 10:1 might work just fine because you have a pretty small bore. On that cam do you mean 105 intake lobe centerline?? 105 lobe separation seems out of the norm for cams that I have seen. The only thing that will bleed off cylinder pressure is the intake valve closing point so I'd say check your DCR. At minimum a split intake and exhaust (1,2,3 - 4,5,6) is highly recommended on a six with the 1-5-3-6-2-4 firing order.

Nope. I mean 105 LSA. Slants are notorious for likin narrow lobe centers. I don't know who was responsible for the piston discovery.......certainly it could have been Doug Dutra, but I'm not sure. My goal is 300 HP N/A. I know it's lofty, but possible. I probably won't do it, but I bet I come close.

great job , what size valves did you use are they 318 modified ??
hit me up want to redo my head I have 2 spare motors and love this engine

I like the idea. If the original 6 would have been in my 68 charger it was born with I would have went that way for sure. Cant wait for the end result.

That was 6 years ago. Rusty it sounds like you and I would get along. My 65 project took 10 years to get it running and on the street. I hope you still are gonna finish it !

Auto Transport Service
Back