• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wife’s lucky day

I've heard of this before and wonder how it can get this bad without a person having any warning signs.
This is NOT in any way meant to disrespect you or your wife.
I just wonder if the people live fairly sedate lives and don't exert themselves much so the blockage never reveals itself with fatigue, dizziness or heart palpitations.
Glad it worked out for you two.
Kern, I myself used to wonder or think along those lines until my wife had a 4 way bypass plus mitral valve repair at 63
She was 110 / 120 lbs and go go go, push mowing , hedge timing, still working with her own cleaning business. No smoke , ate pretty healthy .

See, there is a God!! Great news!!!

I have three stents, two in the widow make from two episodes. My problem in all three cases is I would be A Symptomatic. Show no signs at all. Only would show if I exerted myself. Two cases ER docs wanted to send me home. My wife, being a nurse is my best advocate. She raised hell in the ER until the ER doc finally called my cardiologist.

Great news Sir, may a speedy recovery be in her future.

Same thing happened to me last spring! Out of the blue I told my Doctor I wanted a C.A.C. test.
$75.00 later I found out that my L.A.D. was blocked at the junction just a little higher than hers.
Went into the Cat-Lab three days later and had two stents placed through my right wrist. Don't
let her skip the Cardio Rehab!!!! Great save, God Bless.

Wow! Thank God y'all caught it in time!!

One question though...in this case wouldn't it be called a Widower Maker? :p

I wish I could take credit for the catch! I did make sure she followed through though. It is starting to sink in on how lucky we are that it was found in time. She will not skip rehab! I ran to town today to get her some Tylenol, when I got home she was doing dishes.
I guess if she feels that good she can make me supper tonight!
Thanks for all the well wishes, yes we believe God was looking down on us.

Tell her that she's lucky not to be a guy. After the blood thinners and pills they give you, when I shave I knick myself and loose a pint!

If she reads that post, you'd better sleep with one eye open!

I've heard of this before and wonder how it can get this bad without a person having any warning signs.
This is NOT in any way meant to disrespect you or your wife.
I just wonder if the people live fairly sedate lives and don't exert themselves much so the blockage never reveals itself with fatigue, dizziness or heart palpitations.
Glad it worked out for you two.
We are both very active, hike often, maintain 12 acres, and tackle lots of physical projects. She actually only had issues at rest. Her Dr. Said that she has had tri athletes and marathon runners the same way. Minor chest pain and huge blockage found during angiogram. I guess never take the little issues for granted.

Glad it was caught when it was, Scott! :thumbsup:

Two weeks ago my wife had some mild chest pains. We took her to the E. R. And her cardiac enzymes were a little high. So with a little pushing we got them to schedule some tests.
Well her widow maker was 99% blocked. They put a stent in and we are home now. This is the before and after.

View attachment 1262178 View attachment 1262179
Wow good catch, glad it was taken care of too

here's to a full & speedy recovery, :drinks: great health for years to come

So glad that was caught!

It just goes to show you never know. I consider an event like this a blessing, because now you know and can keep after it.

Auto Transport Service
Back