• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery back up lens

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
This back up lens was on one side of my recently acquired 69 Charger & it differed from the other side in so much as the exterior surface is flat, not raised and when installed is recessed into the fixture. The right side lens is the corect lens and is marked SAE-R-69-R lettering, but this incorrect one reads SAE-R-68RS.

So, the 64 dollar question is; what 1968 Chrysler vehicle utilized 1969 style back up lamps?

Attachments

• 2014_04150001.JPG
    2014_04150001.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 250
Just a guess on my part, but perhaps the factory used what was there? Or perhaps it was replaced at some point.

Only You would get this part ! LOL!!
I have the others in my 69 runner but this may be a Dart or satilite ? Just seeing 68 charger part is listed as another # ?

Only You would get this part ! LOL!!
I have the others in my 69 runner but this may be a Dart or satilite ? Just seeing 68 charger part is listed as another # ?

I would imagine that this lens was replaced at one time. Obviously, other 1969 vehicles used similar lenses, but the 68 # is what's throwing me.

I have gotten 69 back up lens with a 68 # on them before. But the Flat surface is what gets me !
I have some of the others to match your 69 if you need one ?

Auto Transport Service
Back