• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N.Y.C Chrysler building for sale

Abu Dhabi. WTF. Maybe Donald Jr can pick it up.

How much each if we all chip in?

$1.2 billion to $1.8 billion, though it could be worth less since a deal probably wouldn’t include the land

IMO it should be classified as a 'national landmark'
saved, restored to it's former glory...

too bad it's in NYC :carrot:,
that's it's only downfall/negative :blah:

When it was built, Cali wasn't worth a chit. Everything was happening in NYC.

New York City no place like it! If we could keep the werdos out it would be perfect still!

I saw a special on vertical construction history and they said this building and another were being built at the same time and there was fierce competition to be the tallest in the world.

The other crew thought they had won, but at the last minute, the builders of the Chrysler building brought out that top spire that had been kept secret.

WaBAM!

That was the Empire State Building IIRC. The Chrysler was the tallest building in the world for a short time when the Empire State Building busted out the slide just to get the title.

Chrysler is my absolute favorite of hi-rise. The aluminum scallops are gorgeous. Very disappointing that it is going to be sold off to foreign interests. I saw Abu Dhabi & don't have the heart to read the article.

Chrysler is my absolute favorite of hi-rise. The aluminum scallops are gorgeous. Very disappointing that it is going to be sold off to foreign interests. I saw Abu Dhabi & don't have the heart to read the article.
It's still worth the read. As for being foreign, it's been foreign owned pretty much since 2001. Abu Dhabi took over in 2008.

By the way, the Chrysler Corporation never owned the building although they worked out of it - Walter Chrysler himself bought and owned it and it passed to his family after he died.

Auto Transport Service
Back