• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N96 or Bubble? 69 Super Bee

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
I am getting to the point in my restoration that I need to make a decision. My fender tag does not call for an N96 hood, although I have one now in very good condition, just needs prep and paint. Don't think this is original to the car, and all the air grabber stuff beneath is not there, would not fit my factory ac anyway.
I am, for the most part, trying to be true to the original, going with B7, other items original, etc. While this hood looks good, I think I should be open to trade or purchase for one of equal or better quality that is the original bubble hood.
Anyone have one or like to weigh in?

My Bee has the Ramcharger setup. Although it looks cool, I wish it had the standard bulge instead. It limited the height of my intake manifold tremendously on my stroker motor. Tuning the carb is more hassle because every time the air cleaner comes off, it is 2 wingnuts and a bolt, instead of 1 bolt. Not to mention the time and cost I had restoring the ductwork. And the extra weight.
But hey, the scoops look cool.....

I prefer the bulge hood. Never liked the 2 scoop N96 option on B bodies or A Bodies. To me they look like Auto Zone cheapie bolt on scoops.

All depends who's behind the hood... :D
beerestorationfall2018 646.JPG

I "borrowed" mine off my buddies Bee back in '78, just before I took my car in for paint. His Black HTop Bee was sitting on blocks and I pulled up with two other friends and we swapped hoods. He got my bubble hood and later his car was stolen. We still laugh about "borrowing" his hood some 43 years later. He now lives in OZ and is searching for a Bee or Charger down there to buy.

Nice. I'd love to trade someone out of a bulge hood in great condition.

Have one on eBay for sale now... Local pickup make me an offer

Factory style hood scoops are just sexy! Depends on your motor choice.

Auto Transport Service
Back