• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NAG1 or 8HP70 swaps

dickdale

Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
Wanted to make this topic for tech info of swapping to the NAG1 or 8HP70 transmission.

Which tuner/stand alone setup did you use?
How much did you modify the trans tunnel (with some pictures, please)?
Cross member modifications?
Which driveshaft options are there?
Which shifter kit did you use?
Which starter did you use?
Ans which other parts did you use to make it work?

Thanks for sharing info and helping each other out!

I expected the tunnel had to be more modified then you did…

img_0903-jpg.jpg

This is a NAG1. If I had it to do over I would simply cut 3 sides and "roll" the hump to the passenger side then fill the space back in.

That’s what I was thinking to do. Or cut the tunnel in the middle of the tunnel in full length and at the fire wall and welding pieces of metal between the gaps.

I found a company in Denmark (as overseas mopar owner) www.ofgear.dk that makes a controller for a Mercedes 722.6 transmission. This transmission is the same as the Nag1 but has another bellhousing. The convertors a different.

I've talked to the owner Ole Fejer a nice guy and he is very helpful. The controller ofgear.dk sells cost around 800 euro's (900 dollars). I don't know what the controller of Sound German Automotive costs yet, because I haven't got a respons yet.

With the Ofgear controller it is possible to shift manual (with the use of the Dodge or Mercedes shifter or with paddles) and automatic. It comes with a Oled screen that has a joystick for the settings. He also sells a controller for a turbo setup.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back