• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Naming the car.....Who has done this?

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
I have named several cars and trucks that I have had.
First was The Roach....A disgusting 1974 Duster I fixed and sold.
Next was Old Shitty...Another 1974 but this was a worn out D-300 Camper 9000 truck.
Old Yeller was yet another '74 Duster.
NEW Old Shitty is my '75 Power Wagon.
THIS is Jigsaw....

2 XH B.jpg

I named it that because it is coming together with parts from several other cars...Oddly though, it will get the original 383 that it was built with.
I'd like to name the red car though...

Charger.JPG

I like the name F-Red because the car is Friggin RED. It would be pronounced FRed.
The Wife hates that name though.
I like Charlene , a variation of CHRISTINE but not evil or vindictive.
I'm still mulling it over though.
Have you named yours?

I called this car FrankenDuster because it too was a '74 made to look like a '71.

1.JPG
5.JPG
D3.jpg
Duster 1.JPG

That red 70 you can name "MINE"—now FN sell it to me!

Over thirty years ago my dad gave us his 1975 Malibu. My wife called it 'the barge'. That's the only car naming we've had thus far.

With the 75 Power Wagon being my backup truck and being called New Old Shitty,
The wife's backup car is a 2003 Honda CRV she named Honda Old Shitty, or HOS.

Most of mine get names over the years they earn them ! Some come quick some take many years .
My first car got a name the second time I owned it her name was Betty! Oh black Betty....
My deuce and a half was called Helga.... She was big and ugly and you didn't mess with her!
My 440 4 speed 72 was named the monster! Because it was loud and scary and ate lots of gas! (This wasn't my doing but it stuck)
My 64 300k convertible doesn't have a name ! Everyone trys but nothing suite's it!

Then there's my current daily driver !
The 07 super bee!
You would think a cool name would emerge for a srt8 beast ! But the baby (little over 1 1/2) has named this car before I could at first it was just ,nanner then baa naa naaa
Then banana was solid for awhile then she learned racing and put it in front
Its now the racing banana! And sadly I think it stuck we've been on that for awhile and she has learned many new words since!
Oh well !
The 72 rallye in garage hasn't gotten a chance to be named but it has many bad Nick names!!!

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

Typically she's referred to as 'Blue Betty' or 'The Beast' !
She can be a harsh mistress sometimes :D

Anything I have ever driven with regularity, has gotten a name. I remember vehicles having a name from when I was a kid. My black dually now, is Elvira. My wife’s vehicle is Tracie. Tracie the Traverse. My 05 duramax I sold to get my dually, was red so her name was Reba. Reba on top and Elvira with my dad’s truck- Ruby.
89922C48-2B59-4FD3-B9FA-0D27D948E68C.jpeg
8BA12880-123C-4A35-A1BE-BA595A662AFA.jpeg

I don't name mine but I do speak to them.

My wife calls my Amber Blaze Dakota "Bad Penny"

My entry for Kern's car is "Atomic Fireball"

I never named my cars, but when I was in Highschool my teacher called my 1973 PowerWagon Sno-Fighter the millennium falcon because it looked so beat up, in different shades of primer as I was doing body work on it at the time, but ran really good with a built 360 in it. Once the body work was done It was painted so it eventually looked nice.

I always liked the name ChrisTINE, but due to current environment I named it QuaranTINE, it’s where I hide out

84A98862-24E2-4B4E-B329-49E80E8E1DD3.png

My car is named Hawkrod, an obvious play on and combination of the word hotrod and my name Hawk.

Not particularly creative, but at least it has a name...

F08C76F0-0717-418E-8924-23EF57448169.jpeg
BB6E4BBA-609D-44C3-B99C-12260DEC1082.jpeg

I bought this little lady on eBay and I told the seller if it didn’t start, I was backing out. My wife and I went to pick it up with a trailer. The seller got in the car and cranked it right up. So I went through with the deal. Then the seller said that his grandma would sit in their window looking out at him work on the car, but she died. He went to sell the car two other times, each time starting it right before the buyers arrived. But as he tried to start each time, nothing happened. He said that he figured his later grandma’s spirit was in the car and she didn’t like the potential buyers, until we came. Then she let the car start right up. Well, her name was Maggie. So that’s what we call her and she likes living with us because she never fails to start for us.

As for the other cars, I call them the GTX, the Dart and the Roadrunner. My wife would like to name all of them though.

No name for me yet.. my daughter tried to name it several years ago.. she was naive and didn’t quite get it then... she wanted to name it “flamer“.
Quickly steered away from that one!
:lol:
She now completely understands!

5907993D-4A64-4213-8B77-E13DCC4F6D98.png

i call mine sue .i found out after i bought it that forty years ago i went out with the sellers wife sue and had her name tatooed on my arm.small world .
thumbnail (16).jpg

My folks buy a new car every 4 or 5 years. They normally offer the older one to someone in the fam. I have 3 siblings, 2 of which have several children so they always needed cars as my nieces & nephews got old enough to drive. My father passed 2 years ago. I dont have children & last year Mom decided on an AWD Buick Envision so her 30k mile 15' FWD Buick Encore went up for grabs. I was looking to use it as a trade-in on a newer truck so I got it for $8k. Its small, VERY small... 1.4L Turbo 4 cyl. Gets 32
0322201315.jpg
mpg city.
I hated everything about it till I got used to its nimble-ness. Like it now & sure beets my 15mpg Z-71 for work travels....
I call it PuddleJumper...

Well, my daughter wanted to name her car, so she started a contest over on FABO. We turned it into a game show type contest, complete with prizes. We had over 5 pages of entries, and we had so much fun reading through all the names. We were going to pick “Bob” because we laughed so hard about that one, but then a member posted the perfect name...”Sunfish”. We’ve been calling it that ever since.

the first pic is Sunfish not long after we first got it, and a picture of Sunfish today. The rallyes are going back on it, she likes them better than the hubcaps and steelies!

AB6B7DA1-C276-4C85-A6EA-79E58BF880B5.jpeg A0F86D0F-1E3D-44AB-BB08-F33B6DB1D9CA.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back