• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Narriowed complete 8 3/4, Moser Axles, 4.10 Detroit Locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Gaines

Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have deleted this for sale posting for my Narrowed Rear End until I get it out of the car and can measure and confirm Housing width, spring perch width, Axle Spline count and Positraction type.
I understand that everyone wants the exact above info and I can understand it.
Thanks

Attachments

• 8 34 rear.jpg
    8 34 rear.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:
Mike i don't think they make a 35 spline "8 3/4 Detroit Locker" Positraction setup...and if your right i mite be interested, is the case new ? and could you provide a part number on the Locker, also how old is this set up and how many passes ? thanks Mike !

I do not know the "part number" on the locker. It was in the car when I bought it. No..the case is not "new" it has been in the car....Probably 150 passes on the setup...virtually no street miles. It works fine.
I wont know part numbers, etc until I take it out to install my Dana which will be next week sometime. I have several interested parties in the setup right now waiting for my info on width of houseing, spring pad width, etc....I will let you all know after I take it out and measure up everything.

Again, if you are east of, like, Colorado, the freight would be a killer.

Mike im here in Ca by Bakersfield...the center section or pig complete if it is the 35 spline with tru-track is what im interested in, also what case is it...489 ?

I do not know the "part number" on the locker. It was in the car when I bought it. No..the case is not "new" it has been in the car....Probably 150 passes on the setup...virtually no street miles. It works fine.
I wont know part numbers, etc until I take it out to install my Dana which will be next week sometime. I have several interested parties in the setup right now waiting for my info on width of houseing, spring pad width, etc....I will let you all know after I take it out and measure up everything.

Again, if you are east of, like, Colorado, the freight would be a killer.

Mike im here in Ca by Bakersfield...the center section or pig complete if it is the 35 spline with tru-track is what im interested in, also what case is it...489 ?

It is the "742" with 1 3/4 pinion....not the "741" case with the 1 3/8 pinion.(the 489 case has 1 7/8 pinion) I worked fine in my Coronet that ran 11.70 at 115mph with my old 440 inch motor.... I am not 100% sure if it has 33 or 35 spline axles...wont know until next week when I take it out.

PM me if interested

PM me if you are interested.

I am currently rebuilding the 489 3.23 in my 66 Coronet. I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind posting the answers here for all to share....

when you moved the springs in to the frame rails and the wheel tubs also, does the back seat have to be modified or removed?

what is your axle flange to axle flange dimension?

what was the back spacing on the 15x10's you used? was the tire clearance equal on the inside and outside??

Mike I'm going to pass on this i wanna stay with the 489~35 Spline, i too will go
Dana~60 Eventually...Thanks Mike !!

It is the "742" with 1 3/4 pinion....not the "741" case with the 1 3/8 pinion.(the 489 case has 1 7/8 pinion) I worked fine in my Coronet that ran 11.70 at 115mph with my old 440 inch motor.... I am not 100% sure if it has 33 or 35 spline axles...wont know until next week when I take it out.

PM me if interested

PM me if you are interested.

Mike I'm going to pass on this i wanna stay with the 489~35 Spline, i too will go
Dana~60 Eventually...Thanks Mike !!

I checked with Moser today and the tech said Moser only make 35 spline axles FOR A SPOOL. They make 33 spline for a Detroit Tru Track.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the car with the narrowed rear end and tub job and inboard springs.
When the rear end shop pulls out my 8 3/4 to put in the Dana I will post all the info you requested...A LOT OF GUYS WANT THIS INFO and I will be happy to share it.

Mike are you building your Danna or ordering one already to bolt in...this is a Dutchman unit with the true-track unit...they claim it can withstand 1200 HP ?... "Check out that back bracing"

image.jpg

Mike are you building your Danna or ordering one already to bolt in...this is a Dutchman unit with the true-track unit...they claim it can withstand 1200 HP ?... "Check out that back bracing"

View attachment 267919

All I can say is...."WOW" that is really sweet. I would love to have that in my car.

- - - Updated - - -

I am currently rebuilding the 489 3.23 in my 66 Coronet. I have a question or two if you wouldn't mind posting the answers here for all to share....

when you moved the springs in to the frame rails and the wheel tubs also, does the back seat have to be modified or removed?

what is your axle flange to axle flange dimension?

what was the back spacing on the 15x10's you used? was the tire clearance equal on the inside and outside??

Axle flange to flange, on my car, is 50 5/8".
Spring perches are 36 1/2" center to center.
My car doesnt have a back seat but I presume if you had one it would have to be "narrowed" also when you mini-tubbed the wheel wells.
I have never measured the back spacing on the wheels. but I will when the shop installs my new Dana.
Hope this info, even without the back spacing of the wheels.
Mike
PS: i wil have this housing for sale when the new Dana goes in and the rear end also already has Moser Axles. PM me if interested. Could save you all the work of narrowing your rear end, etc, etc. and buying axles. Just buy an inboard spring perch kit and bolt the rear end in. I also have a pair of genuine Chrylser super stock springs for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back