• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Narrowed 8 3/4 with Moser Axles / 4.10 with Detroit Locker / 742 Case ...Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Gaines

Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
$995 complete...This complete rear end setup will allow you to put 15x10 Wheels and up to 12.5 slicks or Giant Street Tire with up to 13.5" section width to go right under your 1966 or 1967 B Body.
This setup came out of my 1966 Coronet that had 15x10 wheels and 28x13.50x15 MT ET Street Slicks installed. All narrowing measurement and axle length and spring perch angles are all done for you...just bolt in and go.Just install an inboard spring kit and mini-tub your wheel wells and "bolt" this rear end right into place.
Also there are already 3" studs installed in the axles.
Only $995 Complete. SS Springs.jpg
I also have a pair of genuine Mopar Super Stock Springs to go with this setup for only $150 for the pair. Price does not include shock plates which are already sold.

PM me if interestedView attachment 292825View attachment 292826View attachment 292827View attachment 292828
As in the ad...the Posi Unit is a DETROIT LOCKER, which is probably the absolute best (and most expensive) positraction differential on the market and it costs about $600 just by itself.

If you have ever thought about a narrowed rear end for you 66-67 B Body so you can run 15x10 wheels and really big tires this setup is perfect for you.

SHIPPING INFO:
The total weight of the complete rear end with centersection and axles installed is about 160lbs..add 40lbs for a wood pallet that I will strap it to for truck shipment and you have right at 200lb shipment.

For truck line info:
200lbs
(Rear end only, No Springs)
The shipment is "class 70"
The wood shipping pallet will be about 4' Long X 1.5' wide and 2 1/2' tall.

For truck line info:
270lbs
Rear End including Spring pair
The shipment is "class 70"
The wood shipping pallet will be about 5' long x 2' wide and 2 1/2' tall

You can call any truck lines that ships from Fresno CA to you home town.
You should tell truck lines that I will deliver shipment to their dock in Fresno, CA and you will pick-it up at their dock in your home town. (they will load it onto your pickup with a forklift)
Any other questions pm me.
Reason for selling: I went pretty much 100% drag race with my Coronet and having installed my 505" stroker motor and didnt want to "harm" my 8 3/4 so I took it out before I made even one run with the new motor and replaced the 8 3/4 with a new DANA 60 Unit with the complete Cal Trac Mono-Leaf spring setup which is why I also have my Super Stock Springs for sale, if you might be interested in them.

Last edited:
Want to sell just the super stock springs?

I would sell everything separate.
1) $500 for the complete center section
2) $495 for the narrowed housing assembly including the Strange 30 spline Axles and the 3" studs
3) $150 for the Super Stock Springs

All prices plus frt.

The spring purchase would only make sense if you can pick it up at my house (near Fresno CA) or at a race ,such as Famoso (Bakersfield, CA) or MTAS (Mopars at the strip in Las Vegas in March) because they would cost so much to "ship" If you want springs only just buy them from Summitt..cheaper and frt paid.

What gears are in the pumpkin?

Dagomike, I totally missed that.......gotta be a 1 eye thing! Thanks for pointing that out!

What's the width from axle flange to axle flange?

What's the width from axle flange to axle flange?

Axle flange to Axle Flange measurement is 49.75"

PS: If you were just thinking about installing a Narrowed Rear End in your 66-67 B-Body, maybe not now, but at a later date...you should jump on this housing and Strange Axles (complete with 3" studs) for only $495. You can add your own center section later.

Can you tell me a shipping price to Iowa 52323 for the housing and axles? Possibly the third member to? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back