• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nascar practice today

67 B-body

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
I have a half day off today, and decided to watch Nascar practice on Fox.
The commentator said that he had a chance to speak to Danica Patrick after her first practice round. He said she exclaimed " I was loose on entry"..... HMM,,,,, wonder if she was talking about the car?

LOL... I have a feeling it's got to be pretty tight on entry myself.... she'll finish a"head" of 15-20 other drivers thou...LOL...

I immediately chuckled when he said that today!
I just wonder how many others were watching, and if jokes will begin flying around as a result?
Maybe I should write Leno!!! LOL!

Is it just me or does it seem like when someone interviews Danika that she just seems to ramble on and on and on like she is trying to think of something important to say. Geez , you ask the girl for the time and she will tell you how to build a clock. Shut up already and learn how to drive more than your finger.

Is it just me or does it seem like when someone interviews Danika that she just seems to ramble on and on and on like she is trying to think of something important to say. Geez , you ask the girl for the time and she will tell you how to build a clock. Shut up already and learn how to drive more than your finger.

And yet she will come in finished in the center of the pack, before 15-20 supposedly good male drivers... What does being a woman or an interview, have to do with her driving... I know I'm probably going to catch crap for that one... She's out there doing what, many people that are all whining about her, are never going to do, let alone have the fortitude &/or ability to do... She's also pretty successfully & finishes ahead of many other supposedly great drivers, almost every race, I may add... Having raised 4 girls that can kick probably 75% of the men they had raced a$$es, in my cars or cars of their own... I'm no misogynist, you can tell where I stand, but IMHFO her sex has nothing to do with her driving, it's the Media that is in her face, all the time & NASCAR that's exploiting her, blame them... By the way I'm not a big Danica fan either, she's gotten some breaks/opportunities, that maybe should have gone to someone else, that wasn't an exploited media darling creation, but her sex/gender has got nothing to do with my feelings about her driving abilities...

Im not bickering because she is a woman in a male dominated sport. Just the fact that she wont shut up. Back in the early 70s Darrel Waldrip was the same way. But on her driving ability the main reason she finishes ahead of so many others is mainly from attrition. The cars she passes are usually the ones which have had mechanical problems & are back out there mainly to show their sponsor. Back in the day Janet Guthrie(Indy & Nascar) was a pretty decent driver but she didn't get all the attention Danika gets today. I don't think the attention she gets is warranted at all on her ability to drive a race car, its mainly based on her looks. There are lots of younger ladies racing on the local levels nation wide but without good looks they wont go far. The same goes for men also. If you have an overweight balding man with a lot of driving talent odds are that no sponsor will want him trying to sell its product. They want a young Kasey Kahne or Jeff Gordon to promote their stuff regardless of ability.

Im not bickering because she is a woman in a male dominated sport. Just the fact that she wont shut up. Back in the early 70s Darrel Waldrip was the same way. But on her driving ability the main reason she finishes ahead of so many others is mainly from attrition. The cars she passes are usually the ones which have had mechanical problems & are back out there mainly to show their sponsor. Back in the day Janet Guthrie(Indy & Nascar) was a pretty decent driver but she didn't get all the attention Danika gets today. I don't think the attention she gets is warranted at all on her ability to drive a race car, its mainly based on her looks. There are lots of younger ladies racing on the local levels nation wide but without good looks they wont go far. The same goes for men also. If you have an overweight balding man with a lot of driving talent odds are that no sponsor will want him trying to sell its product. They want a young Kasey Kahne or Jeff Gordon to promote their stuff regardless of ability.

Like the NASCAR's talking trained robots like Jimmy Johnson or a NASCAR family like Earnhardt or Wallace or Waltrip {I actually like Michal} or Hendricks {grandsons Dillon's now}... Good looks doesn't hurt either, in any form of life, remember it's just another form of sports marketing... I know I'd much rather look at her, than most all them pretty boy speakerheads... You don't want some Fugly guy or gal representing your brand, unless it's Bubba's something or other...LOL... I like real racers that came up thru the ranks, like Tony Stewart, Clint Boywer, Kevin Harvick, Brad Kesolowski, Kurt Busch even, at-least he says what he thinks, not the A-typical Trained Robot response NASCAR Press release BS... They all can't be NASCAR's speakerheads, like 95% of them are... what would everyone have to complain about then...

I complain all the time that she will be running 28th and they are talking about how well she is doing and I watch. She finishes 12th and she's getting interviewed and I watch. They show her walking away from the camera, going to the hauler and I still watch. Go figure.

Just a good thing for her that she does not get paid by the lap. Never get a full paycheck

I guess Nascar was a sport back in the 60's. After that it became about "image". And "We don't want to be branded as a red-neck sport". They want to be embraced by ALL! So that the ad dollars will flow. Kinda sad. If you make the cut, you do it because of ability, not by color or sex. Ms. Patrick has never been anything other than average throughout her career. But I bet there are other, less "attractive" women in racing that have much better abilities than her.

Auto Transport Service
Back