• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NASCAR "Silly Season" leading up to the 2020 season

ocdart

Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
OK, here's a spot to post whatever you see/hear about the NASCAR "Silly Season" before the 2020 season.
Let me start it off with Jimmie ("Seven Time") Johnson and his announcement today that the 2020 season will be his last as a full-time driver.

The France Family accepted all that $$ from Toyota, to buy into the Series. The payoff was the 3 Gibbs cars in the Final. How could they loose. It's just as Dirty as the Impeachment Hearings. The Real Drivers are probably sick of it too...

The new cars , or STOCK CARS , come out in 2021

I would love to see Dodge stage a come back , but just don’t see it happening

I have stopped watching since last year. These races are a joke.....and boring.

Jayski.com is yer friend.

Wow it sure took a few years for that money from Toyota to have any effect. How long have they been in na$car?

I’d love to see a “Run what ya brung and hope you brought enough” race series.......
Minimal rules, Maximum entertainment.

NASCAR has worked hard to make all the cars equal. So what's the point of having a race?

I record the races then fast forward to twenty laps to go after it ends. I guess NASCAR was thinking the play-off idea would improve things. They've removed more than ten thousand seats from places like Daytona and Charlotte but still can't fill the seats that are left. As opposed to forty cars running in circles for three hours I think they should try something similar to the Sprint Car approach. That is; have four twenty lap heat races with ten cars each that qualify the three highest finishers to run in the fifty lap "A" main. Maybe have a "B" main that allows lower finishers a chance to qualify. Let's face it, watching forty cars, thirty of which have no chance to win, go around in circles for three hours is downright boring. And declining viewership proves it.

Multiple car mega buck teams helped put a stake in the heart of nascar!!:bs_flag:

Auto Transport Service
Back