• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nats at Columbus

pturner

Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
Anybody out there going to the Nats at Columbus in August?
I am planning to go for three days (August 12-13-14) showing my 68 Roadrunner restomod.
I have attended the show two times before, but never showing. I am registered for Judging, and parking for truck and trailer. I had stayed at the Hampton near the airport before, having the car there nightly. Myself and two other gentlemen took 3 hour shifts in the parking lot watching cars and trailers.
Any thoughts, advise or other info would be appreciated.
thanks
PT in Tennessee

I went about 6 years ago. Never again, it's just too hot for me.
Mike

Yeah it is always very hot when that show is going on. Last time I was there, 3 or 4 years ago, I was surprised at how much smaller the show was compared to previous years. The 1/4 mile races going on all day are very neat however.

Good chance I'll be there with my Charger. Typically it's hot but the last time I was there it was beautiful, no way of knowing. That was 2 years ago, show still seemed pretty big to me? The drag racing is definitely a huge plus, I don't get bored so easily with it going on.

Thoughts... bring a canopy and a large cooler with drinks and food because the food and drinks there are ridiculously expensive and the sun can be relentless. As far as hotels go I'd look for one east of the track if possible, get farther away from Columbus.

It's August in Ohio.....hot and humid. The bathrooms are crappy. Overpriced crappy food at the track so eat before you get there or pack a cooler with food. Still a great show. Lots of sweet Mopars, and deals can be found in the swap meet.

Yep, I'll be there again this year. With the exception of last years show cancellation, this will be 21 consecutive years going for me.

So do the cruises still take place in Heath or Reynoldsburg / Brice ?

It’s been awhile since going , probably over seven / ten years

And yes I definitely remember the good ole days of Brice Road

Thanx

I will be there I have been going for 25 years my car isn’t done yet so a bunch of my buds are taking theirs we will be at the Deluxe Inn always have a great time

Brice Road died years ago and isn't a good part of town.Last time I went to Heath the local PD was killing it off.

Have not been in decades, too far and people dislike me peeing behind there cars, but they did not ever clean out the porta potties either!!!! Even way back, Carlisle was 100 times better unless you go for the racing.

I will be there! Always a great time!!!
I will be there Swap Spaces L 27,28,29. Parts for 66/67 B bodies. 67 R/T parts. i have not received my swap passes of this date. i am still waiting. Thanks for the platform FBO!

I will be there Swap Spaces L 27,28,29. Parts for 66/67 B bodies. 67 R/T parts. i have not received my swap passes of this date. i am still waiting. Thanks for the platform FBO!
It's my Christmas! Been going since 89. We will be backed up to fence against judging area. Stop in, introduce yourself, I will buy you a beer! Look for ev2 AAR Cuda,(if I get it done) or fj5 Coronet R/T convertible. Only one week to go! See you there!

Let me know if any of you guys in the swap meet will be bringing a 71-74 charger rear bumper.. I'll be looking for one.

Road Construction Mess

40 East Of The Track Hebron - Mopar Nats

And I70 Thru Indianapolis IN and East / West out of the city
If your using I70

Last edited:
I'll be there. Been going for a few years now. When I lived in PA, I always went to Carlisle, but it's too far now. I always look forward to Natties; it's one of the highlights of the year for me.
I'm hoping to run into some of you guys there, but I'm only there on Friday.

My first Nationals was in 85 at Michigan at the proving Grounds. other than last year 36 years and counting. Stop by N6 and say hello!

Leaving tomorrow aft and driving thru the night

Friday weather , well

Auto Transport Service
Back