• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Navy Veteran has past...,,

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
Today my FIL was found dead in house. He served in the Navy, honorable discharge and hasn’t worked in years due to health reasons. We moved from Hanford to Shandon, a bit 1hour 20 minutes away. He was released from the Hospital a month ago, had home care come to his house to help and he was doing fine so that stopped. The wife always called to check on him every so often.

My wife tried getting ahold of her dad 2 weeks ago, never got a call back or a text. We are the closet to him and by all respects, the only that gave 2 shots about him. So the wife and daughter go to Hanford today to get a hair cut, drop my daughter off at her friends house for a couple days and to stop in to see the old guy, get groceries for him and to see how he’s doing. My wife forgot the key, so she calls HPD to do w wellness check, they I turn call a locksmith, the police go in, find him in his chair. Not sure exactly how long he’s been dead, but I’m guessing at least 2 weeks.

The police called the coroner and took him away. He wasn’t in the best of health smoked at least 2 packs a day, missing all his teeth, bad heart and in overall piss poor health. But he’s no longer in any pain, he’s now with his wife and he shall be missed.

Pops, your watch is over, we’ll take it from here.

B51A6706-F5DC-426C-B3B2-46F6C51324D5.jpeg

Sorry for your families loss man. God speed and you are in our thoughts and prayers. How old was he by the way?

Much respect sir ... rest in peace dear soldier.

Words don't mean much at times like this but happy memories last forever. My condolences to your family.

He was 70-71, I’ll have to confirm with the wife. She hasn’t got home yet from being at his house this afternoon.

Sorry for your loss, both my parents were Navy veterans. The loss of a parent cuts deep. Our prayers are with you and your family in the loss. May he RIP.

Sorry for your loss! My prayers!!

Sorry for your families loss... Always have the good memories to reflect back on... May he Rest In Peace from one Veteran to another!

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and the family.

R.I.P.

Wife has been home for a bit, she said he was 76.

Truly sorry to hear Zack. Prayers of comfort for you and your family. Hold 'em close.
The picture you posted brought me to tears bro...reminded me of my dad.

We are headed over tomorrow morning to do some clean up. The yards are terrible, my son is gonna get that straightened out. The wife and I will be going through all his stuff. Probably be throwing out a lot of stuff like furniture cause it’s smells of cigarettes. Hell, the walls are ALL nicotine stained. I just learned that he owes a sister in law some cash and that she put a lien on the house, so I want to make sure she gets her money plus interest for loan she gave to fix his roof well before I married his daughter, it’s only right to do so. So I’m bring the trailer, not sure what we will be bringing back, but, in my opinion, the other kids can kiss my black *** and won’t get a damn thing cause they never bothered to help him, I foresee someone getting dropped and because I’m not a sexist, that goes for the sisters too!

We’ve been married for 19 years, not one time has those kids ever helped him without asking to be paid. That’s friggin ridiculous!! Not to mention, since I became his son in law, I’ve never asked for money to help him, although he did my son for doing yard work.

Auto Transport Service
Back