• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neat car for sale. 1970 RR convert Not mine

Thanks for posting, I'm going to check this out in person! Just down the street from my job.

95990887.jpg

that car should have factory torque boxes on it correct?

Thanks for posting, I'm going to check this out in person! Just down the street from my job.
Great, tell us all about it, get a photo of the fender tag.

yes all convertibles have the torque boxes front and rear, regardless of engine combo.

Nice looking car, for the money some underside shots would be nice. Note that the air cleaner is year incorrect and the radiator is wrong.. but those are simple things.

If the colours and options are original to the car: very nice and preferred combo

I agree might be Toms (finoke) old car

Carsten

Pretty car if you like convertibles and willing to pay the price to drop the top.

Nice looking car, for the money some underside shots would be nice. Note that the air cleaner is year incorrect and the radiator is wrong.. but those are simple things.
Looks like the right air cleaner for a 1970 4 bbl car so what's missing?

It's not the original cleaner. That's either a '72 or '73 repainted from Orange to Black. All in the details...
I was looking for the different location of the breather hose nipple on the later air cleaners, and while I didn't see it, I'm guessing you spotted it?

On '70 and '72/'73 at least the breather connections are in the same place, Passenger side. The '71 is a one year only with the nipple on the drivers snorkel and the hose wrapped all the way around the back to the passengers side rocker. Like I said it's in the details, only the '70 snorkels have plain triangle reinforce gussets where as the '71 and up have the triangle with the round hump in it.

On '70 and '72/'73 at least the breather connections are in the same place, Passenger side. The '71 is a one year only with the nipple on the drivers snorkel and the hose wrapped all the way around the back to the passengers side rocker. Like I said it's in the details, only the '70 snorkels have plain triangle reinforce gussets where as the '71 and up have the triangle with the round hump in it.
Cool, thanks for the info on the gussets! FYI Hemmings link isn't working for me anymore, but this is.

Classical Gas Motors - Detail Page

Someone out if state already has a bead on it using an inspector. Car is in haltom (mid cities DFW).

I think I read on here that the windshield was the same as the 4 door and wagon on the ‘66-‘67 convertible. Is that also the case for the ‘68-‘70?

I think I read on here that the windshield was the same as the 4 door and wagon on the ‘66-‘67 convertible. Is that also the case for the ‘68-‘70?

yes, 68-70 verts have the same windshield as 4-door sedans and wagons from those years

Carsten

Auto Transport Service
Back