• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nebraska mopar lover

Curiousyellow71

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
Hello..
I am new to the forum world for posting but have read plenty of b bodies only threads that have helped keep me motivated when I don`t have time to work on my car which seems to be the norm.
I still have my first mopar that my twin brother and I purchased in 1987. It was a unusual 69 charger... white with black top and blue interior. Still have it..but never got it on the road....but in 1988 we found another 69 charger that found it's way home with us. It was primer gray with a 383 with headers and a thermoquad. I knew it was originally a really bright green (f6 )but we were anti-green at the time and painted it ourselves curious yellow while in high school. In high school we put a RV 440(like the roadkill charger) in the car after we spun bearing in the 383. The car has black interior so I assume it had a black top..it has never had a fender tag and the build sheet is yet to be found but I haven't gave up. The RV 440 lasted about a year before we spun another bearing which led to a different engine combo every couple months..In 1993 we put a top fuel 4.25 crank in it making a 510 well before the availability of the drop in stroker cranks... I drove it to the Kansas City drag strip to the mopar event and raced in the non-electronic class where I ended up getting runner up after I smoked the tires and couldn't catch the 11 sec cuda in the other lane. It was a blast racing I had enough engine to put a wheel on the 12 sec cars....even though I was dialed a slower 13.2. The 510 had a 484 mopar cam...radials and a 3 inch exhaust we made out of old driveshaft. I raced 8 times drove 170 miles there and back and still averaged 17 mpg...better then my friends slant six. My favorite charger race was racing a 65 Chevy II at a scribner,ne street race that had a tunnel ram and slicks. The Chevy with slicks cut a bad light so he was side by side with me till half track then I put 3 cars on him at the end. He probably thought I had nitrous...no it's a mopar! The charger is needing a paint job now and I am trying to decide to go F6 green like it original was or back to yellow. I still struggle w green on our charger but superbee`s are sure awesome F6. I have lots of mopar stories from back in the day..I need to get this car back on the road and make some new memories!

charger pic wedding.jpg

Welcome from West Virginia. Yes, post some pics, we like pictures here!

Welcome from Michigan. Would love to see some pics of the cars.:xscuseless::drinks:

I will look for more pictures. The paint is much wilder and brighter then what it appears in the picture. It has 4.10s and I recently purchased a dynamic 9 1/2 torque converter and new 1 7/8 headers. Charger original 383 4v still has the 510 from 25 years ago but lowered the compression to 10.5 with crane solid cam 310/320 a M1 single plane and a 850 Holley.
I put a fuel cell in it after the car back fired and we caught the factory fuel tank on fire! We set a valve to tight and the 3" exhaust that dumped in front of the axle must have lit gas vapors. The old gas tank seal had shrunk and poof. NOT GOOD. Me and the car are lucky to still be here.
For any charger owners the flip top monza cap is cool but keep the seals in shape and run the exhaust all the way out the back or dump it at the headers!

Last edited:
cool story, thanks for sharing

welcome to FBBO from NorCals Sierras

Welcome from the show me state!!!

Welcome from Texastan!! :D And yes, it's a different country!

Auto Transport Service
Back