• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need 1968-70 B-Body With Rallye Gauges Dash Circuit Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
anyone have one for sale? pins broke,should I just buy a new one?

P1020668.JPG

they sell them with built in limiter,so how would you ,or do you just tape off wires?
P6140173.jpg

they sell them with built in limiter,so how would you ,or do you just tape off wires?View attachment 734912
Your 2nd post doesn't make any sense.

1. I have fixed broken pins before. SEE ABOVE - SOLDER IS PROBABLY EASIER IF YOU CAN DO IT, but I would still like a thin steel rod inside for strength.
a. Find some very thin steel rod that fits inside the hollow, broken pins
b. Smear the steel (rod) & copper (hollow pin) contact areas with CONDUCTIVE coating & put them in place. I used a rear window defogger kit from a local parts store. Allow to dry/cure overnight.
c. Use 2-part epoxy (e.g. JB Weld) on the outside of the pin at its base to make your repair more sturdy.
d. Make sure to be very gentle plugging in the dash & avoid using any up/down or twisting motion.

2. If you buy an aftermarket circuit, you don't have any extra wires. You have a small circuit board voltage limiter instead of the plug-in factory one. No other difference.

I probably have one if you don't want to fix it. I will look.

got one thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back